Can anyone recommend a good cleaner in Bristol?

(13 Posts)
LittleMyDancing Mon 15-Sep-08 10:05:42

Am possibly about to start new job full time or nearly full time, so am looking to get a cleaner for our house (three bed). Either weekly or fortnightly, plus also to do DPs small office in same area. (Westbury Park/Clifton)

Anyone know someone good and reliable? I don't really want to use a big company and line their pockets, would rather pay someone directly.

Thanks

LittleMyDancing Mon 15-Sep-08 10:42:21

bump?

LittleMyDancing Wed 17-Sep-08 12:50:36

bump? <hopeful face>

DumbledoresGirl Wed 17-Sep-08 13:02:17

Have you tried advertising in the local paper? My parents recently needed to replace their cleaner who was moving, and they advertised and got loads of applicants. They are not in Bristol, but I imagine it is the same in most places.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 17-Sep-08 13:02:22

Card in post office/local shops?

bumping for you...

LittleMyDancing Wed 17-Sep-08 13:23:52

Thank you - have looked on Gumtree but I'm always a bit nervous about going for a random person, iyswim. Would prefer a recommendation!

I also looked on <whispers> NetMums (ssssshhhhhhhhhhh!) and there's a few recommended on there, but none in my area.

Was hoping a MNetter out there might be a cleaner, or have a lovely one they could recommend.

Otherwise, might try the cards/advertising idea, that's a good one.

OsmosisBanana Wed 17-Sep-08 13:38:08

My friend cleans, dunno how reliable she is!

She lives in Kingsdown though and no car but has a bike.

How many hours?

LittleMyDancing Wed 17-Sep-08 19:22:21

if she's happy to make the trek, I'd love to hear from her!

I think we'd be talking 2 hours a week at the office, and about 3 or 4 a week or a fortnight (haven't worked out what we can afford yet!) at the house.

do you think she'd be interested?

thanks

PussinJimmyChoos Wed 17-Sep-08 19:25:25

You need Desiderata - she lives close to you (ish) and is a cleaner - keep this bumped or put out a shout for her. I can vouch for her not being a hair arsed trucker either - she's lovely

OsmosisBanana Wed 17-Sep-08 20:57:56

she charges £10 (going rate £12 apparently) an hour, says is up for it but is settling in her DS to pre school thing for the next fortnight.

Let me know smile

LittleMyDancing Wed 17-Sep-08 22:33:38

Thanks OsmosisBanana - would be interested to hear from her, what's the best thing to do? shall I CAT you my details?

LittleMyDancing Wed 17-Sep-08 22:33:59

And Desiderata, if you're around, would love to hear if you're available?

OsmosisBanana Thu 18-Sep-08 08:58:06

I don't have CAT thingummy set up. You can email me if you like.

jimandele@yahoo.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now