Doula/independent midwife who covers Bristol

(21 Posts)
Hoonette Fri 27-Jun-08 21:02:50

Anyone ever heard of one? Or even used one themselves?

I'm really struggling to find much information on local practitioners.

Thanks for your help.

LittleMyDancing Fri 27-Jun-08 23:04:50

Have you tried Doula UK website? We had a doula in Bristol, interviewed three or four, so there definitely are some.

here

Hoonette Sat 28-Jun-08 14:18:24

Thanks very much - that's just what I need!

Is there anyone you'd recommend?

LittleMyDancing Sat 28-Jun-08 15:12:45

We had a lovely lady called Kate but she's actually in Glastonbury and made an exception to cover Bristol. Not sure if she'd do it again, as we had some complications that meant she was back and forth quite a lot! But certainly worth a call, she's lovely.

this is her

Hoonette Mon 30-Jun-08 12:56:42

Thanks - it's really good to get a personal recommendation

joyfull Wed 09-Jul-08 22:19:12

I'm training to be a doula in Bristol at the moment... will be qualifying soon so am starting to look for women to work with if you are interested?

Hope you find someone that's right for you.

RhinestoneCowgirl Mon 14-Jul-08 22:12:57

joyfull - if you are still around, I am looking for a doula in Bristol, due in December.

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 14-Jul-08 22:16:02

Boo to Rhinestone!! I want a doula if I have no two also!!

RhinestoneCowgirl Mon 14-Jul-08 22:22:37

Hey Puss

D'you know I'd never even noticed the 'local' bit at the top?

Hoonette Tue 15-Jul-08 19:18:56

Joyfull - thanks for that, are you planning on setting up a website, or do you have contact details?

pupuce Tue 15-Jul-08 20:41:31

You can also find a doula here
www.douladirectory.org.uk

amazonianadventure Thu 31-Jul-08 11:09:18

I can recommend a doula in bristol, I just cant post the link.

she is on doula uks page her name is Rachel Canham.I think she trained with nuturing birth and possibly is on the link pupuce just posted

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 05-Aug-08 13:50:02

amazonian - have been in contact with Rachel but have not met her yet...

LABristol Mon 08-Sep-08 20:54:55

Hi,

Bristol Birth Pratice are independant midwives covering our area, I'm using them and so far its been a fab experience! If you go to the Independant midwife general website you can search for one there.

L-A

joyfull Mon 09-Feb-09 19:52:28

Hello again,

So sorry I haven't been in touch before now, I hope the birth went really well Hoonette. I'm quite new to this site and I thought I would know if there were replies on here but apparently.... not.

I am qualified and practising now - anyone interested can contact me on 0753 604 9097 my details should also be available on www.relaxedbirthandparenting.com very soon.

Love,

Emilie

joyfull Mon 09-Feb-09 19:53:13

Hello again,

So sorry I haven't been in touch before now, I hope the birth went really well Hoonette. I'm quite new to this site and I thought I would know if there were replies on here but apparently.... not.

I am qualified and practising now - anyone interested can contact me on 0753 604 9097 my details should also be available on www.relaxedbirthandparenting.com very soon.

Love,

Emilie

sarah293 Mon 09-Feb-09 19:58:40

Message withdrawn

ommmwardandupward Thu 19-Feb-09 13:49:31

I used Fiona Shaw and Sheila Wilson at unveilingbirth and they are wonderful wonderful wonderful.

They are based in Stroud, so are much less busy than the Bristol Birth Practice - really fantastic care. Can't recommend them highly enough, and they are completely happy to come into Bristol.

Webme1 Wed 19-Aug-09 12:06:15

You might like to visit www.holisticbirthtrust.org which contains a link to a list of practitioners. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

joyfull Tue 13-Oct-09 00:11:49

Bristol Doulas website

www.bristoldoulas.co.uk

Though it might be useful... there's also

relaxedbirthandparenting.com

and

www.borntogether.org

I'm practising now too, if anyone wants to chat feel free to email or PM me. My site is:

www.motherslove.co.uk

There are loads of doulas here

joyfull Tue 13-Oct-09 00:18:19

oops that's

www.borntogether.org.uk

that should work...

wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now