helloooo - anyone around?

(44 Posts)
TheArmadillo Thu 07-Jun-07 22:11:41

Just found this. Wondered if anyone else was gonna use it and also who is near me.

Rachmumoftwo Fri 08-Jun-07 14:43:05

Hi there, I am trying to decide if I am Bristol or Taunton, as there seems to be nothing in between and all my local listings have disappeared since the mumsnet local changed. I am now very confused, can anyone help me?

DumbledoresGirl Fri 08-Jun-07 16:44:27

This is going to be wild isn't it? 2 posts in as many days.....

Rachmumoftwo Fri 08-Jun-07 20:49:05

Ahh but some areas don't have any so we could be the lively ones yet....

DumbledoresGirl Sat 09-Jun-07 09:47:15

So how does this section work? I was a bit disconcerted to see this thread go into active conversations when I posted on it, but I don't think people not signed into Bristol Mumsnet can see it. Well, anyway, no-one else posted. So is this a little section of Mumsnet that only Armadillo, you and me can see?

TheArmadillo Sat 09-Jun-07 11:12:46

yeah I think you have to sign up to the local Bristol section to get it.

Rachmumoftwo - have you seen the thread running in site stuff about this - tech was sorting things out as people complained.

I think its gonna take a while to get people using it.

Or it could be like the Bristol Netmums meeta mum which is quite dead (everyone posts messages and no one responds ime).

DumbledoresGirl Sat 09-Jun-07 15:14:56

Well, I am happy to talk here, perhaps with a more local basis to our discussions, but I have to admit, I am not really interested in meeting up. That is why I avoid the meet up threads on the main board.

TheArmadillo Sat 09-Jun-07 17:25:59

fair enough - I'm always in two minds about it

Jessicatmagnificat Mon 11-Jun-07 12:38:15

Hi, I'm based in Bristol as well. Not fussed about meet ups either way, but just thought I would say hello.

TheArmadillo Mon 11-Jun-07 19:26:33

Hello!!!!

wheresthevalium Tue 12-Jun-07 11:36:44

Hellloooo

DumbledoresGirl Tue 12-Jun-07 11:48:59

Hello Hello!

TheArmadillo Tue 12-Jun-07 11:49:45

woohoo! even more people!

DumbledoresGirl Tue 12-Jun-07 13:30:46

There are several more Bristolians that I know of.

What do we do now?

Jessicatmagnificat Tue 12-Jun-07 13:48:39

Can anyone recommend some good activities in the Bristol area(L) that I can do with my 7mo DD?

TheArmadillo Tue 12-Jun-07 13:55:54

zoo?

I used to take ds when he was a baby. Saved me getting bored and they can look at the pretty fish and similar.

Alos has nice feeding/changing room.

Food v. expensive though.

TheArmadillo Tue 12-Jun-07 18:16:49

also can she sit up yet? (I can't remember what age that happens).

If so Hengrove Play Park (have put it on days out thing) has huge sand play area (and its clean) she might enjoy.

Simsy Tue 12-Jun-07 21:50:42

Thought I'd say hello too.
I'm new to mumsnet and still finding my way around.

TheArmadillo Tue 12-Jun-07 22:30:07

hello

Jessicatmagnificat Wed 13-Jun-07 08:59:47

Hello Simsy. Thanks for the suggestions Armadillo. We live quite near the park in Hengrove, so I might try that out. I am looking forward to taking her to the zoo, but I'm guessing that is quite an expensive day out.

TheArmadillo Wed 13-Jun-07 10:44:48

zoo is about a tenner. But if you plan to go regularly its about £40 for a years memebership and you get half price tickets for friends.

Hengrove play park is fantastic except that it doesn't have any shade.

Desiderata Wed 13-Jun-07 18:32:54

Hello, ladies!

Not quite sure what to do with this thread myself, but at least we know who we are and where we are if we're ever in a fix!

wheresthevalium Wed 13-Jun-07 20:27:29

I thought the zoo was £16.00 for adults, £8.00 for over 3's (could be wrong)

DumbledoresGirl Wed 13-Jun-07 20:33:21

I have a discount voucher for the zoo if anyone wants it. It is valid for the rest of this year and it "admits one adult, child or concession at group rate" whatever that may mean My dd went to the zoo with Rainbows and they were all given one. I would love to use it, but I have 4 children and can't afford the zoo, even with this voucher.

If anyone wants it, I will post it gladly. You can email me dumbledoresgirl1@hotmail.co.uk

There! That is what this thread is for! It is only someone local who would be interested in a voucher for Bristol Zoo.

Desiderata Wed 13-Jun-07 20:37:32

Dumbles! I would love that voucher as I only have the one child and I can walk across Ashton Court to get to the zoo.

Hate to seem greedy, though. I'll leave it for tonight, and if you're emailed before then, I'll happily let it go to someone else.

Thanks for the kind offer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now