Nurseries in Clifton & Primary/Prep Schools in area

(6 Posts)
melaniejanecrossley Thu 26-Oct-17 14:54:44

Hi we are moving to the Clifton area for a new work opportunity for myself and my partner and have 2 children ;one nursery age and one going into reception in September. I do not know the area at all and wonder if anyone could give me advice on nurseries and schools (private and state).

Thanks so much !

I have been recommend Clifton College Prep/Nursery but does anyone have experience of it?

2014newme Thu 26-Oct-17 19:06:18

Clifton college is one of the most expensive school in Bristol with great facilities. In later years it takes boarders as well as day pupils. Other private schools in Clifton area are Bristol grammar, Clifton high, torwood house and for girls Redland high. There are some popular state schools in Clifton eg St Johns, christ church but will depend where you live which of these you are in catchment for.
Good luck with your move

tumpymummy Sun 12-Nov-17 12:51:08

Depending on how old your youngest is you might want to look at Hotwells Primary school too as they have a Nursery class (preschool equivalent, not babies and toddlers) and a Reception class. It's a really good state school.

catslife Sun 12-Nov-17 14:21:57

Redland High has merged with Redmaids to form Redmaids High school.

craftyhickling Mon 13-Nov-17 12:38:57

Hi

We are in a very similar position, my son is already in reception and my daughter is at nursery, we are relocating to the area in January from Dorset as my husband has a new job in Clifton.

Have you found somewhere to live yet? I'm finding one of the more challenging aspects of the move that the school system is only partially centralised and I have to go to the individual schools to try and find an in-year place for my son and I'm finding many are full. Choosing an independent school will alleviate this, but with no experience of the area I'm limited to the marketing materials and the feel of the place when visiting. I like the look of Clifton High School, will be visiting soon.

Rudi44 Tue 14-Nov-17 22:09:06

Also Badminton for girls, just down the road from Redmaids and takes them from nursery up to sixth form

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now