Has anyone had a tongue tie done privately in Bristol?

(3 Posts)
psychologyrocks66 Mon 09-Oct-17 14:51:19

I have been told that despite my 9 week baby needing a tongue tie operation to feed properly, it cant be completed because i am not breast feeding. Ivy takes little milk as her suck isnt right so she just fills up with air. I have called the spire, Nuffield, BMI healthcare and Bupa but they dont treat children under 3. Has anyone had this procedure completed near Bristol privately that i have the deatils for? Thanks very much. Ruthsmile

TheRealMrsClarkson Mon 09-Oct-17 21:22:23

If she can't feed properly then they need to fix it urgently. My youngest had a deep & thick tongue tie which meant he slipped from the 98th to 2nd centile by his 6 week check. This had a massive impact on my milk supply. On referal in Bristol I was told I had a 2 week wait as someone was on holiday. I escalated & was adamanant that it was fixed immediatly as we had waited long enough. Low & behold it wss possible & was done in the next 48hours.

puglife15 Mon 09-Oct-17 22:55:10

There is a private midwife who does tongue tie in Cardiff and I think someone else in Somerset but when I researched didn't find anyone in Bristol itself. The sooner you can get it done the better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now