Youth Folk Band needs new members

(6 Posts)
bathfolkfest Tue 26-Sep-17 19:54:23

Just wondering if any mums are looking for a lovely informal place for their children to play in a music ensemble? If so then please read on. Bath Folk Festival runs two youth folk bands. We meet once a month on a Saturday morning. The senior band is for players of approx grade 4-8 standard and the training band is for beginners and intermediates. A good ear for music really helps as we often learn tunes by ear. It is great fun and you get to play at music festivals and events throughout the year, if you want to, and when time allows. Lovely group of parents too. Video shows senior band performing at Southdown Folk Music Festival on Saturday. Please email rachel@bathfolkfestival.org for more details. Free taster sessions. Thanks for reading this. Please spread the word. Lots of our band members have just gone off to uni or moved up from the training band to the senior band so we are keen to find a few more musicians.

PissedOffNeighbour Mon 02-Oct-17 19:51:26

My two might be interested but we are in Bristol. They are both grade 5 flute and had a week at Halsway manor in the summer, culminating in them playing at sidmouth folk festival. Please could you let me have some more info. Thanks.

bathfolkfest Mon 02-Oct-17 21:04:21

They sound a perfect fit for the senior band and this is a great time to join. Quite a few of our band did Halsway and Sidmouth last year. Not sure if anyone went this year. We meet at King Edward's Junior School, North Road. Bath. BA2 6QE from 10.15-12.45 on the second Saturday of each month, so the next rehearsal is on 14th Oct. The usual cost is £8 per session but they can come along for a free taster session to see if they like it. My email address is rachel@bathfolkfestival.org in case you need it. Would be great to have them along. The band is very friendly so will make them very welcome. Rachel x

PissedOffNeighbour Thu 05-Oct-17 20:52:38

Thanks - I'll have a chat with them and email you.

bathfolkfest Thu 05-Oct-17 21:36:50

Great- thanks.

PissedOffNeighbour Fri 06-Oct-17 08:17:51

Have sent you an email!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now