Orthodontic Care for 9 year old

(2 Posts)
Jennymidgley123 Mon 23-Jan-17 11:01:51

Hi

I am hoping for some advice please, our 9 year old requires both dental and orthodontic treatment, our local dentist has suggested a Dental Hospital referral so was hoping for some recommendations in terms of private orthodontic care in the Bristol area and/or any experiences of the dental hospital for children?

I hope you can help.

Thank you

Brizzleinthedrizzle Mon 23-Jan-17 17:56:20

I've had orthodontic treatment a few times (teeth kept moving back) and latest as an adult in my forties. However, I'm replying because my last treatment was completed at the dental hospital a few years ago and I wanted to reassure you that the staff are excellent. (My local dentist referred me because they needed a few adult patients for the students to experience working on.).
By students, they are already qualified dentists who are working towards their Doctor of Dental Surgery qualification. My previous treatments were carried out in a different county privately and I felt that the treatment at the dental hospital was actually more thorough.
I think with private treatment, you get appointments more frequently, say every 4 weeks but in my limited experience, it's much better for your teeth to be moved slowly and they're more likely to stay put that way.
My first orthodontic treatment was when I was about 10.
Hopefully, someone else with a child undergoing treatment will post on your thread too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now