from london to bristol. Help

(3 Posts)
denisehr Fri 27-Nov-15 21:15:46

Hi there. We're thinking of leaving London for good now and relocating to Bristol in order to save a bit of money and get better quality life, but we don't really know where to start looking. We currently live in Clapham Common, in-between lavender hill and the north side, and would like to find somewhere similar with good private schools, green spaces where our baby could play when older plus we want to get a dog too, and friendly people to make friends with ( we are not British people so its important for us to create a group of friends like NCT here in london). Any suggestions? We currently have a 1yr old girl. Where are the best nurseries?also whats the best estate agency to rent a property there?
Thanks!

Aerie6 Tue 01-Dec-15 21:52:35

Hi Denise,

I am in the same situation, looking to move to Bristol but not having much knowledge about the place. I'll be following your thread and feel free to follow mine as I have posted a similar query. Let's stay in touch to share some thoughts before we make the move, if we make the move. :-)

smile

crazymum53 Mon 07-Dec-15 12:07:49

Most of the independent schools are in the Clifton and Redland areas which have large houses and lots of green space as well.
Westbury Park, Westbury on Trym and Stoke Bishop border these and may also be suitable.
Private schools in this area are Bristol grammar school (co-ed), clifton high school (co-ed), clifton college (co-ed but mixture of day and boarding).
Redland high school (girls), Redmaids (girls) and Badminton (girls day + boarding). Some of these schools have nursery classes.
There are only a small number of private schools outside this area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now