Long Ashton schools

(5 Posts)
Kendralina Tue 03-Nov-15 12:36:26

Hello, we're just about to move from London to Long Ashton and are trying to find school places for our 2 daughters. Not easy from what I'm gathering!

Does anyone have an opinion or insight into Birdcall School? I know it is meant to have fab facilities and a new building but be good to know first hand what it's like...

Thanks!

SometimesItRains Fri 27-Nov-15 22:38:53

I have a DS at Birdwell. We have been very impressed with it. The teachers we have experienced so far (he's only in yr 1) have been really good - his current teacher in particular seems to know him so well and understand how to get the best out of him. He is very happy there. Facilities are great too - I particularly like the forest school area that they all get taught in regularly.

It can be very hard to get into in reception, but further up the school I think places do come up reasonably regularly as people move on.

tumpymummy Mon 30-Nov-15 13:25:12

Long Ashton Primary schools are often very oversubscribed so if you can get a place at any school (think there are 2) you are doing well and I would take it! Lots of Long Ashton kids are bussed to schools further away. Birdwell has a good reputation, as does the other school in Long Ashton.

givemeaclue Tue 01-Dec-15 09:41:07

The challenge in long Ashton is that there is no secondary school and the nearest ones are not the best. But there are a lot of good private schools at secondary level.

Kendralina Fri 15-Jan-16 21:56:14

Thanks for the feedback! We just found out that both have a place at Birdwell so we're feeling relieved smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now