Oasis Brislington

(2 Posts)
Campaspe Fri 17-Jul-15 10:36:14

Any thoughts on this school and anyone care to share their experiences? It's recently become and academy after years of underperforming, so it will be interesting to see what happens to it in the future. It's a school I'm considering for DD in time, but I'm a bit wary of its earlier bad reputation and would be interested to know if current parents think things are changing.

crazymum53 Fri 17-Jul-15 15:58:00

What year group is your dd in now OP? Are you on facebook - there have been some threads about this school on the BS4 Connect group with some current parents thinking that it will improve and others moving their children to other schools. I think it took about 3 years for Oasis John Williams in Hengrove to improve after becoming an academy if that helps.
It's our catchment school, but was so undersubscribed then that we would have been allocated a place even if all our other preferences were full, so decided it wasn't worth listing as a preference iyswim.
I wouldn't rule it out yet as many secondary schools in Bristol have improved enormously over the past few years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now