Moving to Bristol

(4 Posts)
icel0lly Sun 12-Jul-15 09:20:03

Hello,

We are moving to Bristol because my OH has been offered a new job in Clifton. We will be living in the Avonmouth area, as the train links seem pretty good for him getting to work... but I'm not too sure on what the area is like for families?
I'm a bit apprehensive of being on my own in a strange city, trying to find things to entertain the children throughout the Summer holidays! confused
I'd love to meet new friends, as I'm sure you will all agree, it can be quite lonely with just mini people for company! Are there any playgroups running over the holidays?
We have 3 children aged 12, 9 and 1, so if anyone can suggest things to do & nice places to visit, that would also help & be much appreciated!
Thank you smile

Elisecas1 Sun 19-Jul-15 09:10:01

I don't live near Avonmouth but once you get the small people into school there will be plenty of other parents to meet. There is loads on over the summer. A free local paper will get pushed thro your door every week with listings of what's going on. Plus there are loads of things centrally. It's the Harbour Festival this weekend, it was the food festivals last weekend, and so on. There will be playgroups but you probably needed to book. Instead look for kid friendly events.

Elisecas1 Sun 19-Jul-15 09:11:54

Ps lots of things around to do. Bristol Zoo. @Bristol which is a kids science museum. The aquarium (to that's a let down if you're used to a proper big one). Most people tend to find the one(s) they like best and then buy an annual pass and use it like they use the local park.

amalouba Wed 29-Jul-15 20:59:20

Hi - does anyone know who I could call to have a Victoria Sponge made for 32 people? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now