Commuting from henleaze / westbury

(5 Posts)
Mummy321 Tue 02-Jun-15 22:12:20

Hi

Am relocating to bristol and am looking at living in henleaze, westbury park, westbury on trym. I need to commute to work near temple meads.

How do people commute in bristol and how long would this take during rush hour?! I've heard driving is busy (8am/530pm)..l or could I drive part way and walk? Run?? I am not keen on cycling.

Thanks!

Broccolitree Wed 03-Jun-15 00:50:23

Probably a silly question but I'm not sure where you would park? There are quite a few residents parking zones now.

There is a local train that runs every 40ish mins that goes Severn beach to temple
Meads (stops at sea mills, clifton down, redland, Montpelier) - if westbury park you might be walking distance of redland station. Or buses, not brilliantly reliable, but quite a few head that way.

Or brave cycling (understand why you don't want to though!)

Heels99 Tue 09-Jun-15 12:43:07

Parking is your challenge, it is expensive and low availability near temple meads unless your workplace has a car park?
Bus may be cheaper and better option.

exexpat Tue 09-Jun-15 12:47:51

The residents' parking zones now start at around Westbury Park, so there is nowhere between there and Temple Meads you could park for free and run/walk in.

Central parking is very expensive and fills up fast, unless your employer offers parking as a perk of the job. Bus is probably a better option - plenty of routes run near Temple Meads - or find somewhere to live within walking distance of the Severn Beach line, which goes straight in to Temple Meads.

giftzwerg Mon 22-Jun-15 12:44:54

Best options are the train from Redland to Temple Meads (trains every 30 mins during commuting times) or cycle (not a bad option as although the roads are busy, traffic is slow) - takes about 20-25 mins to Temple Meads for Westbury Park. Driving will take anything from 20 mins to 45 mins depending on when you travel and congestion. There is not much parking around Temple Meads and you will have to pay dearly for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now