Dolphin School Cheltenham Road

(6 Posts)
bettyboo79 Fri 14-Nov-14 22:06:25

Hello! We are planning on relocating to Bristol in 2015, I have been researching schools based on where we want to live and the one that stands out is the Dolphin School. Unfortunately , logistically it is impossible for me to go and visit at the moment! So was wondering if anyone could fill me in..! i am ideally looking for a creative school with a lovely ethos and feel about it!
Any info gratefully received!
Thanks

Heels99 Mon 17-Nov-14 14:57:46

It isn't in a particularly nice location unfortunately. They had an ofsted inspection recently have you had a look at that?

gloucesterroadgirl Thu 20-Nov-14 16:49:05

They are having a complete rebuild, so should be lovely envirinment when finished.

bettyboo79 Fri 21-Nov-14 14:14:04

Thank you! ofsted is good! If you know anybody whose child goes there, let me know their thoughts!
Thanks!

Bumpologist Mon 05-Jan-15 22:34:03

I went to the open eve for Dolphin, and was impressed by the headteacher. But it is very much an inner city school, and there won't be much outdoor space even with the new build - the school's ethos is very much focused on non-classroom-based learning, so going out to local businesses, gyms, etc to study there. Apparently, they currently travel down to Stokes Croft to Hamilton House to use their grounds for sports.
If you're looking for creative schools, Sefton Park and Colston's Primary also seem to emphasise this.

gloucesterroadgirl Sat 10-Jan-15 15:59:13

CGS Trust are also opening a new sister school to The Dolphin school this September - think its called Fairlawn (in the old Fairfield school building), might be worth considering?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now