Junior Football Clubs South Bristol

(3 Posts)
ThingsToDo14 Sun 02-Nov-14 18:42:21

Can anyone help to suggest a football club that my football mad 11 yr old can join. I've approach some local teams in the Avon league....mostly get the cold shoulder and a few high brow replies. Brislington told me a. no places b. there is little chance that he will be able to join in a local team at this age (even though he has played at school since 4 years old and in football activity clubs). We moved in from outside the area few years back.

Does anyone know an inclusive team for that he can join and play for fun and matches and to be part of his local community (he's a pretty good player...but then I am his mum!). Area Victoria Park Bedminster- have car will taxi him about.
Thanks Angela

crazymum53 Mon 03-Nov-14 11:56:29

Don't know what they're like but there is a set-up called Soccer Seeds based in South Bristol that's started following me on Twitter (I only have girls so don't know why they are following me). They seem to run groups based at South Bristol sports centre. Could be worth looking up.

niveanavaho Wed 05-Nov-14 11:56:41

A lot of kids from the area go to Ashton, they are apparently inclusive - in year 4 anyway. We are a rugby family - Broad Plain RFC off St John's Lane has a thriving, friendly and inclusive junior section if football closes its doors - and is walkable from Victoria Park!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now