just moved to Bristol.looking for new friends to spend time in central Bristol

(14 Posts)
Alina86 Thu 23-Oct-14 00:44:38

hello! i am 28 and i'm due in feb 2015. moved to Bristol just a month ago. live in the city centre. my husband works full time, and i have just stopped working. so i've got plenty of free time!i haven't joined any groups yet, so i do not really have any friends here in Bristol. If anyone is looking for a new friend for walks, talks, shopping, exploring new places in Bristol, going to theatres, museums or any other fun things to do - feel free to PM me or message here!wink

Lobstergirl2003 Sun 07-Dec-14 10:42:22

Good morning!!

I too am due in Feb! Eek! (FTM)

I've been splitting my time between London and bristol for work but will be permanently here come January and am definitely looking to extend my non existent group of bristol friends (my other hacks friends don't count!)

Oh I'm 32 and in highridge ...

Right I'm forcing myself out of bed to deal with thus infernal acid reflux eugh!!

d0ughball Fri 12-Dec-14 11:53:56

Hi Alina86 and Lobstergirl2003,

I am due in April and me and my husband are looking to move from London to Bristol for his work in Cheltenham. I am scared/excited about leaving the big smoke having grown up there! Have you got areas you're looking to move to? I would appreciate any advice we're both completely new to Bristol!

Alina86 Fri 12-Dec-14 17:11:06

hi d0ughball,
i also moved to Bristol from London, so i understand your doubts grin
when moving here we considered central areas only (harbourside, broadmead and city center) just because we wanted everything close to our house - office, shopping, supermarkets, cinemas, restaurants and some parks.
i heard good reviews about redland (very quiet,nice and not cheap)
clifton is popular too (not cheap, nice and lots of shops, cafes)
bedminster (cheaper than all of the above, safe and popular among young families)
some areas like redcliffe look very cute to me with all those small colorful houses, but it is a very hilly areas, which would be not comfortable when strolling with a baby in a pram.

so it really depends on what you want your area to be like, how much you are ready to pay and whether you own a car or not.
i saw a very family oriented, nice area full of nice houses which is on the way to cribs causeway (a big shopping centre), which is not central, but if you own a car and prefer town house feeling areas would be perfect for you.

that's all i can advice as i am still very new here. hope this helps!
p.s. i got some of information from lots of different forums online. you can try the same.
oh yeah, and do contact agents in advance. the market here is almost as fast come and go as in London.
good luck

Bumpologist Mon 05-Jan-15 22:28:41

Hi all,
I moved to from London to Bristol in August, and love it. We're in St Andrews, which feels very much like like Crouch End or Herne Hill, the key differences being that you're within walking distance of the city centre, and you can also be in the countryside within 20 minutes!

My kids are a bit older (2 and 4), but there's plenty of stuff going on for young families. Do let me know if any of you fellow Bristol newbies fancy meeting up and exchanging notes.

bristoljazz Fri 30-Jan-15 12:40:09

Hi guys

My name's Ngaio and I'm contacting you for a radio opportunity re: upcoming elections.

We are looking for a group of mums who meet up every week/every couple of week who could offer their opinion through the campaign process.

Would you be interested?

If you let me know I would be very grateful.

Thank you!

Lucym17 Thu 26-Feb-15 14:27:34

Hello there,
I just moved to Bristol (Cotham) from London about 6 weeks ago. My kids are 3.5 and 2. I'd be interested in meeting up, maybe at the coffee van in St Andrews park?
My girls had an excellent social life in London, so I'm really keen to help find them some new playmates!
All the best,
Lucy

Bumpologist Sat 28-Feb-15 23:15:59

Hi Lucy, my kids are a similar age and we live near St. Andrews park. PM me if you'd like to meet up, we moved here from London in September.
Linda

sarahsmeeth Tue 03-Mar-15 13:40:45

Hello!

I moved from London (Crouch End) to Bristol (Southville) last month. I have a 1.5 year old and work full time but would love the opportunity to meet other mums in Bristol.

Let me know if anyone fancies meeting up one weekend smile

Foz2015 Fri 20-Mar-15 10:02:21

Hello
We moved from London to Bristol in September last year- just getting the hang of mumsnet. I live in Bishopston and would like to meet some other mums too. I have a 3 year old and an 8 month old.
Up for coffee / play dates-but also keen to actually arrange an evening social type night out for some local mums. There are a couple of mums who I have gone out with and it was great fun- so hoping to arrange another night with them and anyone else who would like to join if you are up for any of above- yr welcome to pm me.
Ta
Foz

holeinmysocks Sun 29-Mar-15 19:34:42

Hi Alina, hope you've had your baby and your enjoying being a mum! I have a 5 month old and would like to meet other mums for coffee etc. I'm in Bedminster, but its so central I can get to places quite easily.

holeinmysocks Sun 29-Mar-15 20:26:10

Hi Alina, hope you've had your baby and your enjoying being a mum! I have a 5 month old and would like to meet other mums for coffee etc. I'm in Bedminster, but its so central I can get to places quite easily.

CazVS79 Thu 09-Apr-15 11:47:27

Hi, can see there are lots of Mums who have recently moved to Bristol from London! Me too - have been here nearly 2 years now and have met a couple of people but not that many (my little boy of 28 months has been very ill with asthma). Recently took him out of nursery and I will be finishing work soon to be a full-time mother so he can build his immune system back up! Anyway, it would be good to meet up with any of you and meet other mothers who have recently moved here! Please PM me. Thanks! I'm in Highridge Green by the way.

FarScape Tue 14-Jul-15 13:14:55

Hi, I've also just moved from London to Bristol and would like to meet up with other mums- we're in the St. Andrews area near the park. I have a 3 year old and 7 month old and it would be great to find out about what's going on for toddler/babies as I'm completely new to the city!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now