Yate - commute and schools

(6 Posts)
cowbiscuits74 Wed 22-Oct-14 03:33:08

hello, do any of you know about the commute from Yate area into Bristol either by road or rail as in is it do-able on a daily basis or is it a nightmare? also any thoughts to share on schools in Yate area?

Ebb Mon 03-Nov-14 18:10:04

I'm not too sure of the commute at rush hour but it's only about 20mins to Cribbs or Cabots from Yate in normal traffic. I'd imagine the ring road and the M32 gets busy. How old are your children? There are some good schools in Yate/Chipping Sodbury.

cowbiscuits74 Tue 04-Nov-14 14:17:05

Ebb thanks for responding, will be Reception and Y3 next September when I need to get them in, all very complicated as we don't live in the area (or the UK) right now but I will be in Bristol next week so hoping to look at a few schools and areas then to get a general idea. Planning to look round these schools: Watermore, Old Sodbury, Raysfield. Still waiting to hear back from a few others.

Ebb Fri 07-Nov-14 12:04:56

Have sent you a pm. Yate has a lot of facilities, leisure centre, gym, cinema complex being built, plus big Tesco Extra, Morrison's, M&S food and a Waitrose in Chipping Sodbury. Lots of nice villages around Yate and 20mins to get into Bath or Bristol. 10mins to Junc 18 M4 and about 15mins to get to M5. Trains are fairly frequent but Bristol Parkway is only 15/20mins drive as well.

Emmajane1978 Wed 31-Dec-14 14:50:31

My children go to raysfield and it's a good school

CaptainMorgansmum Wed 31-Dec-14 15:42:53

Dh drives from Yate to Filton every morning and it frequently takes an hour. (20 mins the other way in the evening)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now