What's it like?

(3 Posts)
hareinthemoon Tue 18-Feb-14 09:19:43

Dear Local MNetters,

please tell me - what is great, good, not so good or bad about living in Bristol? Just an idea at the moment to move, and collecting information/experiences/impressions.

Thanks!

hareinthemoon Tue 18-Feb-14 17:48:36

I used to live in London but now I live in the sticks. I went to visit my friend in Bristol who had spent ages telling me how nice it was. Within the ten minute walk to her home I'd seen two people arrested in scenes like a cop drama from TV. She kept protesting it wasn't often like that. Do I believe her?

MCT76 Wed 19-Feb-14 14:27:23

I moved to Bristol 4 months ago and so far, I really like it here. Like all cities, there are parts that are safer than others but generally speaking, it is a fantastic place, really diverse, with lots to see and do.
It depends what you're after, really. We moved from Chichester which, in my opinion, was pretty but dull and boring. I struggled to meet any like-minded people in the 5 years I spent there. Within a month of being here, I'd made three lovely new friends and joined some interesting local groups.
I'd suggest that you come and visit, spend some time exploring the city and see if you get a good feel for the place. That is what we did and it sealed the deal for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now