World Book Day - What do your children want to dress up as?

(3 Posts)
FranFDF Tue 04-Feb-14 16:42:40

Hi Mumsnetters!

I own a fancy dress shop in Bristol, and I very often have mums rushing in last minute for costumes for their child - often needed for the very next morning at school.

With World Book Day popping up on 6th March, I'm sure there will be plenty of mums needing outfits for their kids, so I want to make sure I have everything the local mums will need. I already have a lot of children's Book Character costumes but I'd love to get some feedback on what it is that mums need/want, and what their children dress up as, so I can help as many mums who come in as possible!

I'm already going to be opening a little later for a couple of days that week, but is there anything else I can do as a retailer to help you? From the phonecalls last year, and the many stressed mums I've helped with various outfits for school over the last few months I know this can be a little bit of a nightmare for many mums.

Bazoo23 Tue 04-Feb-14 20:12:13

Not my child but my cousins daughter has in recent years been a Mallory Towers schoolgirl, Minnie Mouse and the Queen of Hearts...her friend have tended to just wear kids bridesmaid dresses and said thet are Cindrella, Sleeping Beauty etc...Shes already planning to go as Hermione this year.
I cant wait until my DD is at school to join in :-)

FranFDF Thu 20-Feb-14 14:56:50

Got some of those already, but think next week I'll have to add Queen of Hearts to the collection smile

It's amazing how determined the kids are so early on what they want to go as! Wish they did this while I was at school. I'd have loved it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now