Want to contribute an article to a new Bristol community magazine?

(4 Posts)
Shaun79 Thu 16-May-13 14:29:11

Hi all,

My name is Shaun, proud father of two young girls - Isla, who is two and a half and Esme, whose first birthday was yesterday!

I have just started in my new job as the editor of several Bristol-based community magazines. These magazines are monthly and will be delivered free to homes around the area. Currently I am overseeing magazines for Bedminster, Clifton and Nailsea.

I was wondering if there are any Mums (or Dads) who might be interested in contributing an article for one of the magazines? Submissions need to be voluntary (I don't have any budget to pay for articles, I'm afraid) but it can be a good opportunity to voice opinions or raise awareness of any local events or community projects you could be involved in.

Of course, if you think you might be interested it doesn't have to be about children or childcare but as this is Mumsnet I figure that might be a good place to start!

For example, this could be:
'the friendliest places to breastfeed in Bedminster/Clifton/etc'
'Ten top things to do with kids that isn't watching Peppa Pig'
'the best post-pregnancy exercises'
'Being prepared when flying with kids'
'The best places to take kids under 5 in Bristol'
'Why it is a great idea for your child to have a pet'

Just a few off the top of my head but you get the idea.

If anyone thinks they like the sound of having their words (or photos) in print, please get in touch with me at shaun.curnow@hibu.com

I hope to hear from you soon!

troisenfants Thu 16-May-13 19:40:44

Hi Shaun, I would be interested but I need to know your deadlines as I am a very busy mum of 3 living in Clifton. How long does each article have to be etc....

Shaun79 Wed 22-May-13 10:11:47

Hi troisenfants,

Thank you for showing an interest in the magazine!

If you have a good idea for an article, there are a variety of options. A one page article ranges from 300 words (with a 130 word side info box) to 660 words if you were to interview somebody or 600 words for a feature.

If that sounds a little daunting, a half page article would be around 260 words.

There are other options but it would be best to send me an email and we can talk through the finer details such as deadline and photos.

Thanks again.
Shaun

troisenfants Thu 23-May-13 22:11:24

Okay, how can I DM you as I don't usually give out my email incase of spammers.

Regards

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now