Just moved to Bristol!

(5 Posts)
edeplae Tue 19-Mar-13 20:31:56

Hi there,

I've just moved to Bristol with my partner and (nearly) 2 year old boy. We made the decision to move here last November after years of talking about it but the actually move all happened very quickly...bit of a moonlit flit!

So I have gone from working 3 days a week while my son went to nursery....with quite a big network of mums and kids we knew locally.... to being a full time stay at home mum with no idea how to fill our time.

I'm really keen to get meeting people locally and finding out whats going on. We are currently in a rented flat in Redland (due to closeness to my partners work) with the aim being to move to Bishopston area.

I am happy to potter pretty far and wide...so any suggestions on things to do or if any one wants to meet up locally let me know.

Emily x

LouiseSJ Thu 21-Mar-13 12:49:04

Hello Emily.

I know how you feel as I have also recently moved to Bristol. I am married with two children aged 5 and 4. We live in Kingswood. Have you looked at the group meet-ups on this website? I have joined the Kingswood group. You would be welcome to join this group, or you may find there is one closer to you.

My daughter is in full time school and my son does mornings at pre-school. So if you wanted to meet up with us one afternoon that would be great. I know your son is younger than mine, but my son is very sociable and friendly with children of all ages.

Louise

bookwormthatturned Sun 24-Mar-13 23:23:03

Hi Emily,

there is LOTS going on in Bristol - the Titch Hikers' Guide (book) is a great starting point.

If you're looking to put down roots in Bishopston then it might be worth focusing on activities around the Gloucester Road. Portico Play, just off Glos Rd, is a great indoor play centre and there's another one, Kudacan, that had just opened and may also be worth a try. When it gets a little warmer St Andrews Park is also a v friendly place to be with a toddler - a great area and sweet tea hut.

There are heaps of local play groups / sessions - lots are advertised in Titch Hikers or in the cafes / shops on Glos Road.

Good luck!

MeeMeeMum Tue 26-Mar-13 16:29:11

edeplae Hello! hope things are going well, everything must have changed so much and so quickly.

bookworm is right, I can testify too that there is loads on in Bishopston - depending on where you are in Redland it could be worth a wander over.

If in doubt, just pop into Lashings - room for a buggy (or 3/4), usually at least one knackered looking mother or father having a restorative coffee, a few toys in the corner and LOADS of adverts for local classes etc.

I used to find Bubalu good too (if you like that sort of thing). I'm not sure if they still have a creche (which was v handy) but you can go to exercise classes on a pay-as-you-go basis rather than getting a gym membership, and there's a nice big area for coffee.

I like coffee.

Really good luck, you're going to have a lovely time, A

edeplae Fri 05-Apr-13 14:05:14

Hi All,

Sorry for delay. Thanks so so much for your posts/suggestions. I'm going to give them all a try.

May be meet you at some pointx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now