4 SEV applications now in in Bristol

(20 Posts)
JessinAvalon Fri 05-Aug-11 18:34:09

Hi everyone
I know this is meant to be in the activism section but I've posted in there and I'm not sure how many people visit that thread.

We have received 4 SEV (sex entertainment venue) applications in Bristol now for existing clubs.

If you want to object we've put template letters on the link below for 2 of the clubs. We've made it easy - you just need to add in your name and address and e-mail the letter to Bristol City Council.

www.bristolfawcett.org.uk/Lapdancing.html

I'll post details of the other 2 applications later.

Thanks everyone
JIA

Prolesworth Fri 05-Aug-11 19:09:36

Message withdrawn

Prolesworth Fri 05-Aug-11 19:10:19

Message withdrawn

JessinAvalon Fri 05-Aug-11 22:04:28

Hi Prolesworth
Thanks for replying. I think the activism section was a good idea in principle but it doesn't seem to get much traffic. I always end up posting in both!

I think if you don't live in Bristol you can still object. I have objected to clubs in Northampton and Newquay as a tourist. My letters were acknowledged and I was invited to the hearings. I wasn't told that they would be discounted. If you just e-mail in the template letter it's not much work so if they are discounted at least you have only lost about 2 minutes!

Thanks for your support. It's appreciated.

JessInAvalon

Prolesworth Fri 05-Aug-11 22:08:09

Message withdrawn

JessinAvalon Fri 05-Aug-11 23:01:32

Brilliant - thank you!

MrIC Sun 07-Aug-11 21:18:59

two letters sent from myself and IC

JessinAvalon Mon 08-Aug-11 21:10:58

Thank you MrIC. Much appreciated!

SaffronCake Mon 08-Aug-11 22:28:55

I actually moved out of Newquay because of those bloody clubs. If you could be botheres to write letters from Bristol about them, I can be bothered to write letters from Cornwall about yours.

Jess,

Just to let you know that I too have objected. Thanks for raising it and well done in all your hard work.

JessinAvalon Wed 10-Aug-11 21:36:33

Hi SaffronCake
I did object to the recent SEV applications in Newquay. I wrote as a tourist as I have friends there and I find it very intimidating going into the town centre when there are groups of stag parties marauding around. A friend of mine has been heading the campaign up there and we've been supporting each other.

Thanks Handdivedscallops - much appreciated. I'll add you to my list! We are keeping a record as consultation responses and objections have been known to go awol at the council before.

Thanks everyone!

AliceTwirled Sun 14-Aug-11 20:49:19

Thanks Jess. Great work you all do down there.

JessinAvalon Sun 14-Aug-11 22:05:36

Thanks AliceTwirled.

Rather chuffed to get a (very) brief mention in this article too.

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/14/feminism-summer-school-uk-feminista

AliceTwirled Sun 14-Aug-11 22:07:55

I noticed that earlier. Did you do a talk?

BonnieLassie Sun 14-Aug-11 22:36:22

Won't there be groups of men in Newquay anyway?

MrsRhettButler Sun 14-Aug-11 22:43:46

Prolesworth, you would lie just to be able to make an objection to something in a city you don't even live in? Wow

Also, what do sex clubs have to do with stag nights? Other than stags may visit sometimes, stag nights will still happen. confused as to why you have a problem with stag nights anyway.

QueenofWhatever Mon 15-Aug-11 12:16:39

Jess, just seen this. Is there a way of using the template letters electronically rather than having to print them out? I don't have a printer. Or is it that I'm using an iPad that I can't do it? I live in Bristol and sometimes get e-mails from you about this, but haven't on this one.

Also is there a way from the Fawcett website that I can stick it on Facebook so others can object. BCC are just so random, aren't they?

ThePosieParker Mon 15-Aug-11 14:16:09

Apparently, I was told by a passer by, that there was a violent rape in Bristol City Centre a few weeks ago, near the Premier Inn and bus station. It was in the early hours.

Have signed sealed and delivered letters and am looking forward to rejoining your fight Jess!!

QueenofWhatever - I e-mailed the documents from the template links on the page Jess linked to.

Central Chambers
Urban Tiger.

If you are using Office 2010 you have to allow editing I think.

QueenofWhatever Mon 15-Aug-11 21:17:40

Managed to do it thanks, it was an iPad thing but managed to do it via my work laptop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now