Ladies of Fiveways - where are the good Doctors?

(9 Posts)
RorysRacingMa Wed 23-Sep-09 21:39:47

I've just moved to Fiveways - osborne Road, and have 3 children under 4. During the day time i don't have access to a car and i should probably register with a local doctor. Any recommendations that aren't too far away and don't have a trillion steps to drag the double buggy up?

Thanks

chocolatefudgebrownie Wed 23-Sep-09 21:44:18

Is Florence road too far? There is Preston park surgery which is good.

rachelstephens Fri 25-Sep-09 14:07:51

we go to preston park surgery which is on florence road. our doc is very nice, only pain is you have to register in person which meant my husband had to take time off work to register but apart from that it is fine and within walking distance. they have a little play area for kids, tho no toys at the moment due to swine flu!

Mammina Fri 25-Sep-09 17:18:25

we've just registered there too, well the kids have at any rate, I haven't got round to it yet. Haven't met any of the doctors yet. I went to see the Health visitors who are based on Preston Rd which is where Beaconsfield & another surgery are (can't remember the name) - it's a nicer building in my opinion as the florence rd one is quite dark and small, but florence rd is closer to home so I'll stick to it..

RorysRacingMa Fri 25-Sep-09 19:57:03

Thanks - will get my butt down the hill and try it.

RorysRacingMa Fri 25-Sep-09 19:59:10

hey migola - welcome to brighton - hope the move went well.

jenniferturkington Fri 25-Sep-09 20:00:50

School House Surgery on Hertford rd (on the other side of ditchling rd) is excellent, just one doctor and really old fashioned/friendly etc

Mammina Fri 25-Sep-09 22:22:45

thanks RRM, same to you

2shoes Fri 25-Sep-09 22:28:46

I was just going to reccomend the school house surgery, we are with their sister surgery and they are really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now