Anyone know a GOOD RELIABLE BUILDER?

(10 Posts)
MilkMachine1 Wed 16-Sep-09 17:55:12

hi everyone..
We will be moving soon and need a builder to spend 2-3 weeks in the new house doing some relatively simple things. (Making doorways, putting in new windows, building a couple of stud walls).
Can anyone recommend a hard-working, reliable (and reasonably priced?!) builder??

donttrythisathome Tue 22-Sep-09 23:25:34

Did you find someone? I would recommend my DP.

Mammina Wed 23-Sep-09 09:48:25

donttrythisathome would you mind giving me his details please? We can't afford to do anything for a while yet, but it would be good to have his details for when we can (unless he'll be retired by then!) (MM sorry to hijack)

donttrythisathome Wed 23-Sep-09 22:51:44

Hi migola,
I sent you a CAT message. It's my first time doing that so let me know if it didn't work!

Mammina Fri 25-Sep-09 12:42:36

hi didn't work, although not sure how it's meant to as am cat virgin too

donttrythisathome Sat 26-Sep-09 14:52:36

I tried again!
The "Contact a mumsnetter page" said

"Some mumsnet members specify when they register, or later, that they do not want to receive mail from us. In these cases, we don't forward any notes on to them. If you try to CAT one of these members, this page will tell you that we can't pass your message on."

I didn't get a message saying they can't pass the message, so hopefully you have it.

Mammina Mon 28-Sep-09 18:02:07

sorry I was being thick - just found it in my junk folder. thanks for that

MilkMachine1 Wed 30-Sep-09 11:11:55

Hi Donttrythisathome.
Unfortunately our house fell through.. but we are still looking so if you can send me his details too I'll keep him in mind when we do find somewhere!

donttrythisathome Sat 03-Oct-09 16:20:47

Just tried to CAT you MM1, but I got a message from MN saying you have chosen the option "don't let other MNers contact me" on your personal page.

I can try again if you want to change that.

MilkMachine1 Tue 06-Oct-09 10:44:48

Hi Donttrythisathome.
I've chnaged those settings now thanks. First time I've used CAT!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now