toddler (& baby) playgroups in Preston Park/Fiveways

(10 Posts)
Mammina Tue 15-Sep-09 15:03:14

have just moved to brighton - could anyone give me details of any playgroups in PP/Fiveways please? thanks

rachelstephens Wed 16-Sep-09 23:07:44

hi migola

there is a lovely one on thursdays on hollingbury park avenue in the church hall. starts at 9.30 i think and runs til about 11. i think there is one on a friday somewhere around here also, maybe in the church hall on stanford avenue. i generally go to the one on a thursday at hpa, let me know when you are going and i will keep an eye out for you. i am heavily pregnant, brown hair and glasses and with a 2 1/2 year old daughter so please say hello if you come along and see me!

Mammina Thu 17-Sep-09 12:12:07

hi rachel, thanksfor that, i'll try and make it next week and look out for you. I also have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and brown hair and glasses!! (and a newborn). I've never met a mumsnetter before!

rachelstephens Fri 25-Sep-09 14:12:09

hi migola, dont' know if you made it to the group yesterday - hope you enjoyed it if you did! i live on hythe road and am on maternity leave now (due in 3 weeks time) so am around for coffee etc during the day a bit more than i was before if you want to meet up

Mammina Fri 25-Sep-09 17:14:59

Hi Rachel, yes I did and will go again. You weren't there were you? There was one pregnant lady there that I noticed but she had fairly short hair and no glasses...
coffee would be nice - for me and for DD as they're the same age. Don't know about you but mornings are best for me as DD still naps in the afternoons - have been stuck in the house a lot recently due to various deliveries or collection of stuff we don't want from freecyclers/charity. We're by Blakers park btw

Mammina Fri 25-Sep-09 17:43:56

just realised you never actually said your hair was long!

rachelstephens Sun 27-Sep-09 19:30:20

that prob was me - glasses balanced on my head as my eyesight has gone a bit off prescription during this pregnancy as with my last one! pm me your number and we can try and meet although i am due in a couple of weeks so things are going to be getting busy!

Mammina Tue 29-Sep-09 09:29:05

not sure what pm means but will do the CAT thing & send you my number. 2 weeks to go, how exciting!

rachelstephens Tue 29-Sep-09 12:07:16

pm is probably the same as CAT - it means private message. i think I can get CAT things. If not my email is

foxtakeshare@yahoo.co.uk

my little girl has started going to the playschool up at hollingbury park by the way, if you were looking for one for your toddler. It is only £10 a day and the staff are lovely, I can give you their number if you want.

Mammina Tue 29-Sep-09 12:52:16

ok will check my email, thanks
yes i am looking into nurseries but was only going to send her in feb when she's 3 & will therefore get vouchers, BUT at £10 a day I might start her now! That's not for a whole day is it? I don't think I'd want her going all day anyway, but maybe a few mornings a week, then the baby could have some of my attention plus I might get some work done on the house, and I think she would really enjoy it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now