Anyone moving & wanting boxes?

(23 Posts)
Mammina Thu 03-Sep-09 14:24:33

Have finally moved to Brighton & have lots of boxes I need to get rid of. I could recycle but seems silly if somebody else needs them. At the moment I have 10 medium sized ones but by the end of the week/middle of next I'll have another 20 or so. Am in Fiveways area. Any takers?

PestoSquallyMonster Thu 03-Sep-09 14:48:08

Welcome to Brighton Migola smile

I don't need boxes thank you, but just wanted to say I hope you're settling in OK.

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 14:52:28

Welcome too!I am at 5ways but don't need boxes either but if you need anything just shout x

Mammina Thu 03-Sep-09 14:53:53

Thank you! Am so happy to have finally moved here, and even though the place is a tip at the moment and moving with a toddler and a newborn is hard work I'm loving every minute of it. Might even pluck up the courage to come to one of the meet ups once we're settled in!

GreenEggsAndSpam Thu 03-Sep-09 16:50:54

Welcome to Brighton Migola. I'm glad you have all the house moving/school stress behind you now smile.
I don't need any boxes either, but you could always try offering them on Brighton freecycle which has a huge membership and may have someone who needs them.
Happy unpacking!

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 17:00:22

hello green eggs nice to 'see' you here again I am happily settled in SPR now and trying not to think of the other side smile

GreenEggsAndSpam Thu 03-Sep-09 17:28:29

Hi Noddy {smile]
Re the other side - I have been looking on Rightmove for over 2 years now, and still haven't seen anything I like that has 4 beds and a bigger garden that we have now, that isn't over 500k. Hence we are starting to think seriously about our extension. I may be in touch to pick your brains if that's ok? Oh, and to get some tips of which tradesmen to avoid!
I know you love your house, but how is the road feeling for you now?

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 17:31:46

Green eggs I am still in 2 minds about the road unfortunately but the house is so lovely I am trying to overlook it.We have a lot of space here but there is something missing!Have seen a flat in W'grave I like but dp says NO!

Mammina Thu 03-Sep-09 17:46:26

thank you greeneggs - i hope we're close enough to one of the decent schools at least, but there's still a couple of years to go yet so things may have changed for primary by then! will try freecycle, thanks
noddy, there is one thing you could help me with - a good curry house (delivery or take away if it's not too far) - we've only got a coolbox as a fridge at the moment so living on takeaways.. we tried Agra but wasn't great

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 17:49:00

Agra is not great tbh.I usually go to the Elizabethan in patcham village which is lovely if a bit of a trek!

GreenEggsAndSpam Thu 03-Sep-09 17:57:20

migola - we rate Eshna's Nutrition, which is on the not-so-salubrious Lewes Road, nr B&Q. They deliver to us (we are about 1/2 a mile away from you I think), and our London friends say they are the best Indian they have ever had.

Noddy - can you pin point what is missing? Is it steady neighbours? Or is it the yummy-mummy vibe wink smile

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 17:59:58

It is the neighbours I think and a bit of yummyness blush.I miss our old place on B Villas but am trying to not be so daft.Dp and ds love house Am def going to try eshnas nutrition have had their menu for ages and never tried them x

Mammina Thu 03-Sep-09 19:20:20

thank you, will give both of those a try smile

GreenEggsAndSpam Thu 03-Sep-09 20:25:20

Noddy - B Villas is nice. I can understand that smile. I expect you wouldn't get much change from your house for a flat there though? Plus it has the buses going through, and even less parking now than it used to. Is this helping smile? Do you think because you have moved quite in a bit in Brighton, you are conditioned to be on the lookout for the next thing, rather than being 'settled'? It is a bit like giving up a hobby, no?
Migola - let me know what you think of Eshna's smile. We also get Italian delivered from Piccolo's (in the Lanes), and Chinese from a place in Queens Road. The Chinese isn't the best, but we've not found a decent takeaway Chinese in Brighton despte extensive research wink
Are you sorted for Playgroups/toddler activities etc?

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 21:51:35

I think you are right in some ways but i would move back to my old flat topmorrow!

GreenEggsAndSpam Thu 03-Sep-09 21:55:46

Yes, but if you moved back, would you get itchy feet again in six months hmm smile? Grass always greener maybe?

Mammina Thu 03-Sep-09 22:05:58

No Greeneggs, not yet - only moved on Tuesday! Was going to look into it next week, but if you can recommend any that would be fantastic.
(will let you know about Eshna's, & will give Piccolo's a try)

furrycat Fri 04-Sep-09 09:18:17

Welcome to Fiveways Migola! Have you disovered Ravens-the-best-bakers-in-the-world yet?

If you're looking for a decent curry hourse try Sri India in Patcham - they will deliver for free. Best Indian I've found in Brighton

noddyholder Fri 04-Sep-09 09:26:21

furry my ds will only eat ravens bread!Those apple crumble slices are heaven!

Mammina Fri 04-Sep-09 09:40:24

thanks furrycat, no not yet but have heard good things about it. want to go to the beach this morning for a break from unpacking, any tips on somewhere nice close by?

MilkMachine1 Mon 14-Sep-09 18:37:38

Hi Migola.
If you haven't disposed of your boxes yet.. I could use them!! I'm near fiveways... let me know if I can take them off your hands.. no worries if not.

Mammina Mon 14-Sep-09 20:02:44

sorry milkmachine, i've promised them to somebody on freecycle. hope you manage to find some others. there were a few offered on freecycle but that's gone pearshaped in the last few days - there's a nother group called greencycle but it only has about 60 members so far... worth a try though?

MilkMachine1 Wed 16-Sep-09 17:42:30

Thanks Migola.. I'll give them a go. Got a couple of months before the move so no panic. Hope you've settled in nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now