Any toddler groups in Hove?

(11 Posts)
MrsMerryHenry Sun 05-Jul-09 23:36:15

Hi, I've just moved to the area with a 2 1/2 year old and am wondering where's good to take him during the week. We live next to the fabulous Hove Park but would love to go somewhere indoors and meet other mums as well.

Pollyanna Mon 06-Jul-09 07:36:01

Hi there, I don't live in Hove, so someone with more knowledge will come along soon no doubt.

There is the brighton and hove gymnastics club which is very near you - it has toddler drop in classes which are very popular.

Look at the Family INformation Service website - you can search for toddler groups.

I go to minimusic which is a music class based in Hove - there is a website for this too. it is very popular.

Welcome to Hove! You have done what I did - moved in the summer holidays so all the activities will dry up soon. I found it very difficult as I didn't know anyone. If you fancy meeting up I am on the Brighton/Hove border so not far and can meet at St Ann's Wells, or come to Hove park with my older children who love it there.

chocolatefudgebrownie Mon 06-Jul-09 07:41:26

Polka tots at hove Methodist church - Friday 2-4 pm is good.

treacletart Mon 06-Jul-09 09:40:11

Theres a group Monday and Tuesday mornings in the church on Blatchington Rd near the top of George Street. here I haven't been myself but DH takes DD quite often and rates it and the cake they serve very highly! T

MrsMerryHenry Mon 06-Jul-09 09:52:01

Thank you!!! I shall try the Monday group on Blatchington Road and then the others later in the week.

Pollyanna - the gym club is on my road! Great tip! Also it didn't occur to me that all the activities would dry up, I'd clearly forgotten that from last year! I'd love to meet up - I'll CAT you.

taczilla Tue 07-Jul-09 21:41:54

St Andrews Hall tomorrow at 1. Near Tesco on New Church Road. Welcome by the way.

MrsMerryHenry Wed 08-Jul-09 19:44:31

Thanks, taczilla, went to that one today - were you there? I was the one who got roped into helping out with the singing!

taczilla Thu 09-Jul-09 23:57:54

I bloody nearly spoke to you only because you were new! Then I bottled it I will come over next week if you are there. I was there with two children I had my daughter on my knee directly opposite you when you were singing.My son was on a worm hunt outside. Good effort I have a voice only a mother could love! It was quieter than normal but glad you came.

Night..

MrsMerryHenry Tue 14-Jul-09 20:20:23

grin!! Do, do! It will make me feel so welcome! We'll be there tomorrow - please come over and say hi!

Looking forward to a good natter.

taczilla Wed 15-Jul-09 21:00:02

It was lovely to meet you, I am very talkative and for that I apologise and I hope to see you again soon.

MrsMerryHenry Sun 19-Jul-09 23:58:52

Don't apologise! It was so lovely to chat with you, you're brilliant!

Looking forward to meeting up again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now