Roundhill area - what is it like?

(9 Posts)
rachelstephens Fri 26-Jun-09 10:02:00

My moving saga continues, what with the prices going up in B & H and trying to work out the damn catchment areas it is all getting a bit complicated. I loved a house just off Dyke Road but was told the nearest infant school would be nearly 2 miles away so that one was out!

Anyway, does anyone live in the Roundhill area? I thought it was quite studenty but someone said it has become more family oriented due to people moving there as it is cheaper than fiveways. If anyone lives there or knows anything about it I would love to hear! Thanks a lot, Rachel

noddyholder Fri 26-Jun-09 10:07:52

I love it rachel.We had a house there about 10 yrs ago.Nearly bought another last autumn but it fell through HTH Some real bargains.What are you looking for I have been renovating houses in Brighton for years so know a bit if i can help x

Thefearlessfreak Fri 26-Jun-09 10:26:18

I think it's a lovely area - I don't actually live there but very near (in a less desirable area!!) It's very central but doesn't feel so. Has a few nice pubs & strikes me as quite quiet.

Thefearlessfreak Fri 26-Jun-09 10:28:37

And Noddy! Looked on your profile on another thread recently - I love your home - I covet the mirror in the bedroom above the fireplace!

noddyholder Fri 26-Jun-09 10:34:12

Thankyou I have moved since then and am in the middle of another and last project!

rachelstephens Sun 28-Jun-09 15:37:49

cheers everyone!

went to look at 2 houses yesterday on richmond road. one was beautiful, a HUGE garden like i have never seen in a central terraced house, we are talking hundreds of square feet. but the only access was through the downstairs bedroom...

the other was a nice one which needs a little bit of work - okay but nothing special and as we have only just started looking i don't want to rush in. will keep my eye out for that area though, although the parking looks even worse than fiveways but you can't have it all! cheers, rachelx
ps - NH, i have tried to CAT you about my house search, any help you can offer would be fantastic.x

noddyholder Sun 28-Jun-09 15:56:07

I lived in that road it was great.I know the house you mean.It could be reworked to move the kitchen family room down to get better garden access.Brilliant schools v close

Dubh Thu 02-Jul-09 14:07:41

If the R/road one is the one on Rightmove at the moment, it looks stunning. We nearly bought one on that road before the crash so know the houses well.

The only thing I'd say is beware of gardens that aren't connected to your living space (lounge/diner/kitchen). With small kids, layout is really important. You may not use the garden if you have to treck out to it. We rented one like that and NEVER used the garden. Drove us nuts.

The other thing to watch out for is the price ceiling for houses in that area.

faymous Fri 03-Jul-09 09:12:24

Hi Rachelstephens, any updates on the house search. That one on Richmond looks amazing, I can see what you mean about the access to the garden though. I know what school Noddyholder is talking about. It's a very good infants (the one I would love my little boy to go to wink).

Noddy - I hope you don't mind if I contact you via CAT as well!?! We are looking to move to buy a house (currently live in a two bed flat by Balfour).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now