Are there any Worthing meets?

(72 Posts)
makedoandmend Wed 17-Jun-09 15:57:30

Anything going on in Worthing? Moved here last year when pregnant - now with an inquisitive seven month old. Anyone in the same position?

oneopinionatedmother Thu 27-Aug-09 15:44:59

scratch that, it's on a 1.30pm at donatellos on 5th, would want to have a wine or five.

MABS Sun 30-Aug-09 13:04:00

glad you are coming Oneopinion, rest of you fancy Sat lunch?

makedoandmend Sun 30-Aug-09 13:36:33

Hi hilaryt1 - sorry haven't replied - looking after a sickly dd with a hideous cough and a voice like Bob Hoskins. Very perculiar hearing a very gravelly 'dadadadada' coming from the cot.

I've been useless about arranging meet ups - been trying to get childcare sorted after fuck-up with nursery. Am around on Wednesdays though if you fancy it.

Re the 5th - gah! at ILs that day to meet 150 year old long lost relative (something like that anyway). Would rather be glugging wine in Brighton envy

Popi70 Thu 03-Sep-09 22:25:35

I could also do the 26th anywhere in Worthing really. I live in West Worthing so anywhere in the 'West End' is closer for me.

Popi70 Wed 24-Mar-10 22:12:50

Anyone in Worthing? Any coming meetings?

ronshar Wed 24-Mar-10 22:23:40

Can I out myself as a Worthing girl?
I was born here but did move to London but hated not seeing the seesad

Three children, the youngest 18months.

I would love to meet for beer. Or cake! I dont mind.
Custy, I get pissed toogrin

Lynzie Thu 30-Sep-10 16:54:50

heya, any meets going on in Worthing at the moment? i have a 8 week old daughter

would love to do days with kids, or a good old knees up with the adults

Belinda100 Thu 07-Oct-10 20:31:21

Hi,I'm new to mnet, in Worthing with a 19 week old daughter and would love to do something social that doesn't involve singing 'twinkle twinkle'.

Lynzie Fri 15-Oct-10 15:52:17

Hey Belinda,

Do you go to any of the early parenting classes in worthing?

Where abouts in worthing are you?

Belinda100 Sun 17-Oct-10 19:50:21

Hi Lynzie,

I'm in West Worthing, near West Worthing station.

I go to the NCT group on a Friday morning in Durrington and thinking of going to the Monday group in the Maybridge Family Centre Goring/Durrington.

I go to a baby singing group on a thurs which is sweet.

How about you?

SaintEpney Tue 19-Oct-10 13:57:58

Hi - another "new to Worthing since becoming pg" person here. Didn't get involved pre-baby due to full time work in London and home renovation project but have 15 week old DS now and we are keen to meet other babies and mums as we know absolutely no-one!

HV is coming Thursday so will ask her about social activities in the area, but would be interested to know about other options - baby signing, swimming, massage, yoga etc.

Belinda100 Wed 20-Oct-10 07:01:12

Hi SaintEpnew & Lynzie

That's 3 of us all looking to meet new mums and to me that sounds like a meet for coffee is needed.

Would either of you like to meet next week?

Anytime Wed or any afternoon is great for me.

SaintEpney Thu 21-Oct-10 16:57:23

Hi Belinda & Lynzie

Wednesday afternoon is good next week - we're swimming at Littlehampton with some friends who have toddlers in the morning - first time swimming, will be interesting!

I'm v close to West Worthing station as well, south of the tracks. Where are you based, Lynzie?

Belinda100 Thu 21-Oct-10 21:54:33

Hi,

I'm in West Avenue, are you near there?

Wed afternoon is good for me. 3pm is always good as it's between feeds and naps. How about a close to home venue such a Doyles cafe on Goring Road?

Belinda

SaintEpney Mon 25-Oct-10 11:52:04

Hi Belinda

I will send you a private message now with my contact details - Doyle's is perfect.

Lynzie Mon 08-Nov-10 14:21:52

Heya,

I have only just remembered to look at this thread, sorry.

I am in West Worthing too, abouta two minute walk from the station.

sorry i missed the meet up........

we go to early parenting classes on a thurs which is fab.
was also thinking about checking out the new family centre in town as it has a stay and play sessions for under 1s.

Belinda100 Wed 10-Nov-10 21:34:11

Hi Lynzie,
I've sent you a private message with my contact details.

AbyCreationStation Tue 04-Jan-11 10:29:24

Hi to all Worthing mums!!!! I live in East Preston and I run The Creation Station, providing children's arts and crafts classes and parties in and around the Worthing area - classes start in central Worthing at St Pauls Centre on 11th January 2011 at 10am, for children aged up to 5. I also have classes running in Lancing from 31st Jan and in East Preston from 4th March.

I also offer family fun sessions in all school holidays, as well as Arty Parties for children up to age 11!

St Pauls in Worthing has an excellent cafe, so if you would like to come along to my Tuesday morning classes, you could enjoy a meet up, coffee and cake afterwards!! If you are interested, please take a look at my website - go to www.thecreationstation.co.uk and click on the "Find your local Creation Station" button and select Worthing. Or drop me an email to aby@thecreationstation.co.uk or call me on 0845 303 9451. I have a special offer running of "buy your first session get your second session absolutely free!!"

I'd really love to welcome you all along, and look forward to hearing from you
Kind regards
Aby

tamd Fri 14-Jan-11 23:31:45

HI im from worthing, is there many meets, iv got a 3 year old too. Im 25 and just want to get out do something i seem to work an stress at home ahhhh

jollyboysmum Fri 11-Mar-11 07:46:48

Hi, i'd like to meet up, I have a 5 and 3 year old. When do you want to meet?

sarah108 Thu 26-Jan-12 11:02:47

Hi Worthing ladies
Have just moved here from london, and trying to find my feet. Have been taking my 18m to a few playgroups but found them very definitely hit and miss. Wishing my son was a bit more clingy so I wasn't just standing round like a lemon (also I think I swear too much for the church groups!).

Would love to know if there was anything going on, any meet-ups (kids or no) in worthing. I cannot be tramping over to Brighton ALL the time (can't afford the petrol these days!) would love to here from any mums in the area

mummywaddle2011 Wed 26-Sep-12 22:20:59

i have a almost 18 month girl and would love to meet up with mummys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now