hairdresser suggestions anyone?

(11 Posts)
furrycat Wed 03-Jun-09 09:42:30

My regular salon has closed and I'm looking for a new one (for me, not the dc). Trying to find somewhere where it's under £35 for a decent cut - any recommendations please?

furrycat Fri 05-Jun-09 09:15:44

Should have said I'm in Brighton...surely someone in Brighton has their hair cut??

noddyholder Fri 05-Jun-09 09:35:43

Furry wait for mabs to see this the rest of us are obviously scruffy buggers!I have always cut my own hair so no use to you grin

treacletart Fri 05-Jun-09 10:18:50

Mooch on Gloucester Road at the end of Kensington Gardens 01273 696991 is very good. Gary owns it and is brilliant and therefore also quite pricey, but I've always had great cuts from the others there too. Last one was with Mags (I think.. could have been Liz) but was really good and around £40 I think.

Spidermama Fri 05-Jun-09 10:26:00

I moved here in 2002. Seven years and scores of of haircuts later I have come to the conclusion that Brighton, much as I love the place, doesn't have ANY good hairdressers.

I now have to get my haircut in London.

My hair is not my best feature and needs careful work to make it look even half normal.

noddyholder Fri 05-Jun-09 11:47:57

Agree spider I tried several in my first yrs here and now have given up!

Pollyanna Fri 05-Jun-09 12:27:20

I go to Trevor Sorbie - Anna is good. But not under £35 sorry!

MABS Sun 07-Jun-09 19:06:23

Tai in blatchington rd,Hove are great,Sherry is owner and cuts my hair.

Thanks for your kind words Nodders

stinkymonkey Sun 07-Jun-09 19:23:44

I like Mooch, had some good haircuts there, but stopped going because I felt so blimmin' old. Absolutely no one in the salon over 22. When they ask you what you're doing tonight, they look visibly crestfallen to hear that you have DC and will be settling down to watch telly.

Bliss on Dyke Road very good, though possibly just over £35, about £40.

rachelstephens Sun 07-Jun-09 20:14:31

i like the north laine hairdressing company, ask for kate who runs it. if you look for reviews on hairdressers in brighton the salon generally gets really good reviews. i think with your first visit you get £5 off and the usual price is £34

furrycat Mon 08-Jun-09 09:50:43

Thanks all - managed to track down my old hairdresser at her new salon. £8 cheaper than the old one. Result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now