Seven Dials nurseries?

(7 Posts)
Dubh Tue 30-Sep-08 13:37:49

Any recommendations for a nearly 3yr old? Not Blueberry, as the waiting list is ridiculous! Tks.

Pollyanna Tue 30-Sep-08 22:24:20

We have used Playcare and were very happy with it. I have heard other parents complaining about it though.

furrycat Tue 30-Sep-08 22:29:23

We use Hopscotch Nizells Ave and thoroughly recommend it. Never heard of Playcare - where's that?

Spidermama Tue 30-Sep-08 22:40:30

I like Fiveways Preschool in Florence Road. Blueberry's great by all accounts so worth putting your child's name down.

I'm not a big fan of The Young Sussex on Dyke Road but plenty of my friends seem happy enough with it and it's convenient.

Pollyanna Tue 30-Sep-08 22:40:45

Windlesham Road

GreenEggsAndSpam Wed 01-Oct-08 09:59:33

I would recommend - from either personal experience or of friends children...
Fiveways Pre school (hard to get into I suspect, and not really a 'nursery', but very good. Excellent outdoor space and brilliant staff). Not for profit.
BrightStart (nr Price Regent pool, so in town. Absolutely first class staff, very low staff turnover. May be hard to get into). Council managed.
Young Sussex (excellent facilities and prob closest to the Dials). Privately owned.
Strawberry Hill (nr Preston Park - great outdoor space, well run). Privately owned.

Good luck Dubh. There are many nurseries in Brighton, so you should find something. Hwr, as you say, waiting lists for the most popular can be long...

Dubh Wed 01-Oct-08 10:56:29

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried Fiveways Preschool, but same issue with waiting lists.

I hate this trawl for nurseries! It seems so hit and miss, and harder to get right as the children get into that 3-5 age group.

I think we'll have to take another look at Young Sussex, as we also had a good 'school gate' recommendation for that this morning. Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now