Anyone know any good venues for a kids' party?

(9 Posts)
furrycat Wed 24-Sep-08 14:41:28

I'm looking for a Brighton or Hove venue (a community centre/ church hall) for ds1's fourth birthday party in December. Am planning on having 20-25 kids, so nowhere TOO enormous - and needs to have tables for birthday tea. Any ideas gratefully received.

Pollyanna Wed 24-Sep-08 15:01:21

Have you tried St Michael's church hall in, I think, Powis Road? Also West Hill community centre on West Hill Street?

(Sorry can't remember where you live, but those are both in the Clifton Hill area).

furrycat Wed 24-Sep-08 15:30:17

Thanks Pollyanna - am in Fiveways but happy to go anywhere

furrycat Wed 24-Sep-08 15:30:21

Thanks Pollyanna - am in Fiveways but happy to go anywhere

iheartdusty Wed 24-Sep-08 15:38:44

this is what you need - Community Base's venue search

iheartdusty Wed 24-Sep-08 15:39:51

NB even if you are happy to go anywhere remember your guests may have to walk or go by bus, with younger siblings in tow...

GreenEggsAndSpam Tue 30-Sep-08 15:09:08

I have been to (childrens!) parties at the Church Hall in Stanford Ave and at Fiveways Playgroup in Florence Road, if you want local. Both had kichen facilities.

Another good bet is Portslade Leisure Centre, where you can have a big hall full of climbing/soft play type things and a bouncy castle/ Also a proper kitchen. Bit further to go though.

The venue search dusty linked to is good smile

Have fun!

furrycat Tue 30-Sep-08 22:30:40

Can you hire Fiveways Playgroup even if your kids don't go there?

GreenEggsAndSpam Tue 30-Sep-08 22:45:32

I certainly went to a party there for a child who was in reception year at school. It might be only for existing/past users of the playgroup hmm - I am not sure tbh. They are lovely though, so you could ask smile...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now