quick help please!

(27 Posts)
Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 21:31:47

I need to find a toddler group open tomorrow or somewhere to take my DC's who are 3 & 8 months,any ideas, pref. Near Preston park, but can drive if necessary.

noddyholder Mon 25-Aug-08 21:38:47

There is a nursery near me at preston pk called growing up green but am not sure they take without registration etc.What has happened has your usual babysitter let you down?

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Mon 25-Aug-08 21:39:24

Toddler groups aren't running for another few weeks but there are various summer bits still running I think.

Will grab local paper and check for you

Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 21:42:03

no I am a sahm, but I don't like staying in! Most of the groups are shut over the hols, but was wondering if anyone knew any that were open. Can't face the park alone again!

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Mon 25-Aug-08 21:44:47

Brighton library is apparently holding a Scavenger Hunt tomorrow but it doesn't say what time.

You could call the library in the morning to find out more?

There are playschemes running - download the Summer Fun booket to find out more.

noddyholder Mon 25-Aug-08 21:46:54

oh sorry I would meet you in the park for a coffee as I have been where you are but unfortunately ds is 14 so my toddler days are over Brighton is great don't give up yet How long have you been here?

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Mon 25-Aug-08 21:47:57

There is a group called Tots to twelve running up at Carden. Call 540779 for information; it's apparently open 10-3 tomorrow

Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 21:48:58

I think my son is a bit young for playscheme unfortunately, most say 4years and over. May check the library out.

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Mon 25-Aug-08 21:50:32

Just found some more...... they are offering Soft play, arts and crafts and garden time.
It's £1.50 for adults and £1 per child.

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Mon 25-Aug-08 21:51:11

Oh and it says it's suitable for children aged 6 months and over

Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 21:52:38

Thanks, noddyholder, I have lived here 3 years, but not made many close friends yet. I'm trying to get to more it groups, however, I have found it exhausting with a baby and spirited toddler!

Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 21:53:53

thanks shiny, whereabouts?

Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 21:56:48

sorry that should read m&t groups, not it groups! As if!

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Mon 25-Aug-08 21:57:27

It says it's at Carden

So at the school I presume.

If you call that number in the morning they will be able to tell you

pollyanna Mon 25-Aug-08 22:01:20

There is an nct run group which meets up on Tuesdays, ostensibly to provide breastfeeding advice (there is a bfc there), but no one seems to go for that purpose. There are mostly babies there, but quite a few have older siblings as well. It is in Hanover and is quite good. (although possibly a bit boring for a 3 yo I suppose).

I am going to it tomorrow! (although leaving my monster 3yo with my mum I think).

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Mon 25-Aug-08 22:01:22

Ok curiosity got the better of me so I just called grin

Old Boat Corner Community Centre
Carden Hill
Carden Avenue
Hollingbury

Apparently if you come down the hill from Asda, past Argos etc, you'll see a little park on the left on the same side of the road and they are on the left up a little alley way by the park

Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 22:07:37

thanks shiny, have been before, but ages ago. May check it out. There does not seem to be much on for toddlers on a tuesday afaik, especially round here. So much shuts over hols, nightmare for sahms!

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Mon 25-Aug-08 22:09:20

There is a Mother and Toddler group that runs on a Tuesday at the Citygate Centre on the London Road.

not sure of the times but will find out for you and post tomorrow night.
I think it starts again on the 14th sept (they broke for the Summer)

Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 22:13:41

yes been to citygate m&t but it's shut for now.

pollyanna Mon 25-Aug-08 22:36:29

come to the nct group Gibbons!

I am in the same position as you - have been here 2 years and haven't met many people. I was surprised to meet some nice people at it tbh.

(my sister goes to a toddler group on Tuesdays in Preston Park but I'm afraid I don't know if it is on tomorrow - I normally go to a different one which isn't open tomorrow).

noddyholder Mon 25-Aug-08 22:37:15

go and meet pollyanna she is lovely!

ShinyPinkEELSwithShoesOn Mon 25-Aug-08 22:37:39

She really is!

Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 22:39:44

is that the one up that huge hill? I think I might collapse pushing a baby and toddler up that with a buggy, LOL!

Gibbons Mon 25-Aug-08 22:41:45

would like to meet Pollyanna, hope that doesn't sound stalker-ish! I'm nice too, honestly!

pollyanna Mon 25-Aug-08 22:45:11

Gibbons that is the real reason I am not taking my 3 yo - I can't possibly push her on the buggy board up that hill grin (well and also because she will terrify all other children and adults there and I will be ostracised for ever grin)

(yes it is on Southover Street I think - does that sound right?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now