dentist help

(17 Posts)
Gibbons Fri 22-Aug-08 21:38:23

please help me find a good dentist, preferably gentle, as I'm phobic. Nhs would be good as I have a mat exemption card. Thanks.

2shoes Fri 22-Aug-08 21:42:35

newick dental surgery, It is in moulscombe(don't let that put you of) theyare wonderful they are used to dealing with phobics. ds is terrified and he has been fine there.(oh and they do NHS)

Gibbons Fri 22-Aug-08 22:02:19

Thanks 2shoes. Is there more than one dentist there? If so who should I ask for?

2shoes Fri 22-Aug-08 22:08:02

small practice. the receptionist is lovely. they ask you to go a long and sign up and pay a deposit(think it is £10) you get that back at first appointment.

jellyrolly Sun 24-Aug-08 20:54:28

Mr O'Keefe in Kemp Town is also wonderful. Practice name is Dr Mendoca only you don't want him, he's not as nice.

Spidermama Sun 24-Aug-08 21:00:35

What area are you in Gibbons?

Gibbons Sun 24-Aug-08 21:04:58

Near Preston Park

dilbertina Sun 24-Aug-08 21:05:48

My dentist at the North Laines practice is really quite gorgeous...might this help your phobia?!

(Apologies in advance don't mean to upset you by belittling a phobia!)

And they do NHS too.....

Gibbons Sun 24-Aug-08 21:10:40

ooh if their dishy that will defo help! Lol
what's their name at the north laine practice please?

dilbertina Sun 24-Aug-08 21:15:18

Do you know I haven't a clue blush
Never look at name badge wink ...and just checked - not on appt card.

Tell the receptionist you want the dentist who started a couple of months ago and is in the treatment room up the stairs to the left! I think he's prob. eastern european if you get a choice of names....

Am taking children next month so will check name.

Gibbons Sun 24-Aug-08 21:18:45

thanks for checking dilbertina. Perhaps I will have to call the surgery <nervous emoticon>

dilbertina Sun 24-Aug-08 21:22:56

I hadn't been to a dentist for about 10 years when I plucked up the courage and registered here (ok the toothache was a factor, plus I figured if I needed loads doing worth getting it done on Maternity exemption, only needed one filling - which was painful one)...they are nice, matter of fact, and you'll be fine!

dilbertina Sun 24-Aug-08 21:24:52

oh god just read that back...no, no, no the filling wasn't painful, the tooth that was painful needed a filling......[attempts to extricate foot from mouth emoticon]!

Gibbons Sun 24-Aug-08 21:28:59

oh thanks for clearing that up, was sweating a bit, phew! Glad you got it sorted.

do they offer White fillings on mat exemption ?

dilbertina Sun 24-Aug-08 21:34:05

No, don't think so - but didn't ask. Didn't think any of them did - on NHS. (and to be honest so much grey stuff going on in my molars one white filling would not make a jot of difference. Will get all sorted when I win lottery!)

noddyholder Mon 25-Aug-08 21:39:50

surrenden dental practice are fab!

dustyteddy Fri 29-Aug-08 19:26:03

thanks 2shoes I have signed up to the newick practice today. Hope they are as good as you say, I shall be a nervous wreck on the day of the appointment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now