Thinking of moving to Worthing - what's it like?

(5 Posts)
Yvonnejane Tue 05-Aug-08 16:10:51

Hi, we have a second baby on the way (little girl is 3) and really want to move to the sea to improve our quality of life. I've always loved the buzz of Brighton but properties are small, expensive and have no gardens, whereas Worthing seems to have lots of huge stunning period houses for a much cheaper price. We're looking at east Worthing just off the seafront - so it's the closest bit to Brighton.
I love the cafes/ restaurants and slightly alternative feel of Brighton. Am I kidding myself that I'll still benefit from this in Worthing? I plan to go shopping/ to cafes/ baby clubs etc there but does it feel like a long way off when you're actually living there? BTW we now live in Watford so anything is bound to be an improvement.

noddyholder Tue 05-Aug-08 16:15:13

Worthing has some lovely houses in yhe area you are talking about but doesn't in my opinion have the same bohemian artistic feel but with prices so good it might change.It has a more suburban feel although the bit you mean is very nice and the sea front there is really traditional and i love it

MABS Tue 05-Aug-08 19:33:18

ask custardo

oiwhatsoccurring Wed 06-Aug-08 09:23:12

My mum lives in Worthing, just about 5 mins from the sea. I love it and would move there but my husband won't. Would recommend staying there for a weekend first (if you haven't done it already) and get a feel for the place. Its only 20min on the train to Brighton.

Pria Tue 09-Sep-08 22:58:34

Moved to Worthing about ten months ago. The most popular residential areas are Goring and the area around the avenues.

Seafront is lovely with long prominade. Quite a few cafes and couple of good resturants. At just 10 miles to Brighton easy access of all the facilities their too.

Just in case that sounds all a bit too tourist boardy! The area is a little staid and could do with a bit of livening up!

Hopefully those priced out of the Brighton market will. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now