Roedean & Brighton & Hove High School

(5 Posts)
zorocat1926 Thu 07-Aug-14 14:35:49

Dear All

I am thinking of sending our DD to a independant girls HS in Brighton. She is currently entering Y5.

I wondered if anyone could give me the lowdown on the baove schools?

I also wondered if anyone know how day girls fare at Roedean given that many pupils are international (50% I have heard) and many board.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

XXX

sasspuss17 Mon 18-Aug-14 18:49:47

Hi, not too much info on Roedean but have plenty of experience of BHHS; avoid it. The teaching is lacklustre, staff demoralised and atmosphere bitchy in the extreme. I know so many families withdrawing their girls due to low academic standards and bullying.

Have you looked at Brighton College?

brightonmermaid Tue 26-Aug-14 22:47:11

I know a few day girls at Roedean and they seem very happy.

gardener321 Wed 24-Sep-14 21:34:12

I recommend The Towers Convent School. It's a really caring and happy school with high standards.

Lola22 Wed 10-Jun-15 14:04:32

I can not recommend BHHS highly enough - my daughter is in YR7 and has flourished there. She has made some really lovely friends and enjoys very happy relationships inside and outside of school. She was one of only a few who joined the school from state primary's and we were concerned about her 'fitting in' - she has most certainly done that and is a very happy, confident and self-assured 12 year old! No misgivings on my part about the school at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now