down from London, feeling a bit lost

(11 Posts)
rosebouquet Sun 23-Mar-14 16:44:14

Moved down from the Big Smoke recently with our 4 yo. We are keen to learn more about Brighton and Hove and hopefully make some new friends, too. We are on the Hove/Brighton border and are fans of parks, cake, photography and tea. So far, people are lovely (only had one anti-Londoner comment to date from a rather odd person)! Would love to meet more MNers, as I hear vipers can be rather good company.

lavenderpekins Sun 23-Mar-14 18:00:40

There's a huge free toddler group with loads of space and tea and cake at st peters church on the steine every thursday 9.30 - 11.30 except school holidays if your dc isn't at school yet x

lavenderpekins Sun 23-Mar-14 18:01:25

Oh and its very welcoming and friendly and i've been to a few!

Camdenite Sun 23-Mar-14 18:04:27

Hi Rose!
I know the feeling. I've been here over a year now, love it, but still miss my friends in London. I have a 3.5 yr old son, live in Hollingdean/fiveways and am very happy to park, tea and cake it too! Are you near St Anne Wells park? Nice cafe there!

Camdenite Sun 23-Mar-14 18:05:42

How odd. I wrote a message and my name is totally different but I didn't change it ooer!

Camdenite Sun 23-Mar-14 20:46:36

Ah, must be my name for the local mumsnet!

missmiu Mon 24-Mar-14 16:57:02

Hi there Rosebouquet! We have also moved from London, in the new year. I have a 4 and a 2 year old and based in Fiveways, near Blaker's park. Have you found a preschool for your LO yet? We've just found something for my two, and settling at the moment. The sessions are PM, so AM's are free for park, play and coffee. PM me if you fancy smile Our favourite activity so far, is riding our bikes (well their bikes! lol!) at the seafront, near the Lagoon in Hove xxx

rosebouquet Mon 24-Mar-14 17:29:39

Ah, thanks for your replies lovely people!

Thanks, Lavender, I will check that out. I've been to one church hall meeting but there were lots of toddlers - I didn't see any children of pre-school age. Mine is an old-for-her-year four, so will be nearly five when she starts reception in Sept.

Camdenite, I'm not too far from there. That cafe sounds good and that's such a lovely park.

Missmiu, we are sorting out DD's preschool now - she'll be going to AM sessions but we will be around on Fridays, so that might work. I don't know Blaker's Park, but shall look it up. I've been consulting maps more than ever recently. And still getting so, so lost! smile

Once I've got DD's preschool sorted re dates and times, I'll send PMs.

Camdenite Mon 24-Mar-14 21:34:08

Hi rose, let me know when you're all settled and if you fancy a coffee at St Anne wells. Also not far from blakers park waves at Miss smile

rosebouquet Tue 25-Mar-14 19:22:53

Will do - thanks for replying smile

Camdenite Thu 27-Mar-14 16:07:43

��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now