Home tutor for maths

(4 Posts)
mems4 Wed 22-May-13 14:03:18

Hi, my dd is in year 5 and is struggling with maths. I'm considering a tutor once a week at home in order to go over the curriculum and build up her confidence before SATs next year and secondary school. Can anyone suggest a) how to go about finding a good tutor b)what sort of questions to ask before committing to one c)what the cost might be? Thanks very much.

brightonmermaid Wed 22-May-13 22:58:29

There are some good tutors on firsttutors but have you considered MagiKats? I think they hold classes in Hove (Davigdor road) after school and it's run by one of the tutors who helped my daughter with her maths and English and she was really fantastic. Here's the link - good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/MagiKatsHove?fref=ts

jussi Fri 24-May-13 22:20:46

Hiya,
I'm a qualified QTS primary teacher with 10 years experience and have worked with children before and during SATS.
I recently moved to Brighton and am currently doing supply and private tuition due to family commitments.
If you want to contact me,let me know.I am also registered with Fleet Tutors if you would prefer to go through an agency.

Ellietutor Fri 21-Mar-14 06:35:52

Know its a Zombie!!!! ...but for future reference try www.astartuition.com

brother-in-law used them and he highly recommends the company...........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now