Special Needs Services in Brighton

(4 Posts)
RightonBrighton Fri 26-Apr-13 22:57:10

Hello

Does anyone know about SN services in Brighton - physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, SALT, OT? - DS needs them all, especially now, when young. (also portage, the Keyworker scheme, etc....?)

We're looking to move to the area, an expensive choice, and far busier than where we are now, and I'd really like some reassurance that the services will be worth all the upheaval. And perhaps some tips to get the most out of them?

Many thanks for reading

Nikadi Tue 30-Apr-13 16:14:41

Not too sure but this company:
www.amazebrighton.org.uk/
Will have a lot of information, they're a disability and special needs group. They also issue cards which will give disabled and SEN children discounts in a lot of places around here and they are accepted as ID for concessionary rates in a lot of places.

RightonBrighton Tue 30-Apr-13 20:27:28

Thank you for that. Really appreciate it. Even if the practical services in Brighton are no better, I suspect there'll be lots more support. Thanks again

Nikadi Tue 30-Apr-13 20:44:52

Sorry I can't help on the practical services! I think they're okay, but don't hear much about them. Two of my three charges in my nanny job have SEN and I know through their Mum that there are loads of activities that are SEN orientated and softplays have SEN sessions, but the only one we do is trampolining once a week, great fun though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now