local family photography

(6 Posts)
Isitlargewineoclockyet Sun 31-Jul-11 19:37:32

Hello, we recently had an hour session with a local portrait photographer, and the pictures were lovely, however, the price list he gave us afterwards left me reeling a bit - £250 being the cheapest package which included one framed large photo and 2 smaller prints, so we didn't have any as we just could not afford and justify that huge outlay, despite the pictures i would have loved to have had, which was such a shame.

So i was wondering if any of you Brighton mumsnetters knew or can recommend any photographers who will give you an affordable and reasonable set of choices for pictures once your session has been done, and/or will give you all the shots on a CD.

thanks

Tortington Sun 31-Jul-11 19:43:46

can i just say - that i think taking some natural family shots of a lovely day out and going to the supermarket and spending a total of £30 at most having them supersized even made with a canvas finish is probably a better idea than paying for poncey photos that only you like.

everyone says they are nice - but only you really like them - no one else really gives a shit about your kids in a photo tbh

Isitlargewineoclockyet Sun 31-Jul-11 20:35:24

Well thanks for being so candid, i guess! The point is we rarely get any of the 3 of us and when we do its either blurred, someone looks really rough or everyones looking at the bloody ground. The pictures were, are really lovely rather than poncey and, no we aren't the only ones who will give a shit about them, or really like them, lots of other people would to including grandparents, aunts etc etc.

I get your point though.

upthealdi Mon 01-Aug-11 12:46:08

Try www.helenfphotography.co.uk/

javo Tue 02-Aug-11 19:01:05

My 18 year old would like to get a spray tan just to see what she would look like. She is very pale and wants to go very light tan - anyone know where does this that isn't completely grotty (only seen a place on London road)

many thanks

javo Tue 02-Aug-11 19:33:00

I am so sorry - thought I had started a new message thread - apologies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now