Child Abduction Attempts Alert in the Local Area

(7 Posts)
rockinhippy Tue 12-Jul-11 13:58:04

Just C&P'd this from Facebook....... & think its important to pass it as far & wide amongst parents as possible so posting here too - please pass on smile

" A young girl was grabbed yesterday afternoon , He tried to push her into a black car . The same thing happened in Patcham and Mile Oak last week both confirmed by parents at the schools who were warned by the school.If you see anyone looking dodgy or a black car hanging around schools please tell the police and try and get the numberplate. Please pass on to everyone in the Sussex area ."

It IS very real & being taken seriously by the Police, we have friends with DCs at Patcham who confirmed this did happen & have had a notification as regards updating stranger danger chats with our DCS from my own DDs School - the Mile oak one mentioned above & reported in some local news, was apparently a false alarm in that the Man was known to the DC - BUT the incident as reported did actually happen at another School closer to town, not Mile Oak.

My MIL also who lives in West Sussex, told me a few weeks ago of a similar incident happening at a primary School in Lancing, though this was apparently a Woman, who tried to coax a 5 year old into letting them lift her over the School hedge for a ride in her also black car, thankfully the DC ran off for help.

Just thought this needed sharing smile

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 13-Jul-11 12:47:04

My mum told me the same about the incident in Lancing a few weeks back. She lives 100 miles away from Lancing and read it in the paper, I live in Lancing, have DS's at school here and heard nothingconfused

TBH I thought she had made it up until you just said the samegrin

It is worrying!

rockinhippy Wed 13-Jul-11 17:12:19

Weirdly I heard it first from an ex Brighton friend who now lives in Scotland -

It was her who had posted it on facebook & like you I wasn't sure at first either as I'd heard nothing locally confused but I then had another mutual friend whose DCs are at Patcham school confirm it, & since then have had a text from my own DDs school - even more worryingly my DH works in Crawley & they've had attempted abductions of Kids around that area back in October last year - again a black car

so yes you are right , its getting worrying sad

rockinhippy Sun 17-Jul-11 22:21:52

C&P - Local Child Abduction Attempts Update(just recieved via text) - Please be VERY Vigilant - Another Attempt was made by a man in a black Car to take 2 young girls on Scooters in Moulescomb yesterday, right under their Mums nose, she ran after him & he drove off, Police say he keeps changing number plates & appears to be becoming more persistent - pass this on please

Goldenbear Thu 08-Sep-11 18:05:09

I had a Text today from Davidgor infants saying 3 men approached a child from Brighton and Hove college on Tuesday in Nizell's Avenue, which is adjacent to St Ann Well's park. Don't know any more details.

katiecubs Thu 08-Sep-11 22:15:11

Goldenbear we were given a note from footsteps nursery in hove saying the same thing - that 3 men tried to abduct a girl from st. annes wells. Have since heard she was 12 yrs old. scary stuff.

fernie2 Wed 14-Sep-11 14:59:56

A girl (aged 12) from my DDs school was approached by three men in hoodies last week in St Ann Wells Gardens and they threatened to abduct her. She had the presence of mind to shout "I don't know you" very loudly and people came to her aid and the men ran off. this happened about 4pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now