Does anyone have any marketing expertise?

(5 Posts)
luckyducks Sun 10-Jul-11 21:02:28

Hello lovely mums, I'm in the process of starting my own business in baby portraits (www.smallfaces.net) so i can stay at home with my 1 year old (lost my job while on maternity leave). Can anyone suggest good places to advertise? Thank you x

farkly Mon 11-Jul-11 10:35:00

There's a new magazine that's just been launched the other week called Little Times (I think) - all about what to do in Bton for 0-5 year olds, also local mags like Fiveways Directory (lots of young kids in the area & parents with enough money to spend on portraits wink, and Preston Pages - I'm assuming there are equivalent publications in other areas.

luckyducks Mon 11-Jul-11 21:07:57

Thank you so much! That's really, really helpful! xx

farkly Tue 12-Jul-11 07:27:59

I would also find out where local playgroups/parent & toddler groups are and drop a few leaflets there
Hopefully once you've done a few portraits, if people are pleased it will spread by word of mouth.
How about giving a free portrait as a prize in a local charity thing?
Pre-schools for example are always looking for raffle prizes & yours could be the top prize (or you could offer a portrait at a bargain price to cover costs of material?)

nettlefairy Wed 13-Jul-11 22:18:16

Hello - you could also try a facebook page that your friends can share/comment on - then you get a really broad range of people seeing your work who would otherwise not get to see it. Flyers in playgroups (gymboree in churchill square for example), church notice boards, yoga studios, child-friendly cafes in parks etc - good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now