Experiences of Goldstone or Windlesham?

(5 Posts)
dorisdoodle Wed 22-Jun-11 16:44:17

Hi

We are trying to come to a decision on which of these schools to go for (odd choice I know!) and was just wondering if anyone had any positive/negative experiences of either of these schools which may help us?

We don't have strong views on private v state just want somewhere which will provide a decent academic ed and happy environment for our ds (4yrs) (although guessing that's what everyone is after smile )

Any info given really appreciated

nettlefairy Fri 24-Jun-11 20:07:48

My dd is at Windlesham and very happy...if you want to email me privately(not sure of the mumsnet abbrieviation for this!) with any questios please do.

nettlefairy Fri 24-Jun-11 20:09:09

ah...which windlesham do you mean? Can give feedback on both but only personal feedback on the Brighton one, not Windlesham House.

dorisdoodle Fri 24-Jun-11 21:37:08

Hi nettlefairy - thanks for the reply - it is the Brighton Windlesham on Dyke Rd - I've sent you an email privately (I've no idea of jargon too - v new to this!)

rachelstephens Fri 24-Jun-11 23:14:53

gosh - you have picked two completely different schools! our daughter starts at goldstone in september, we have been extremely impressed by everything we have seen and i know various people with children already there who have only had good things to say about the school. it seems a very happy school. the head's approach is to encourage kids to learn. he said at one of the open evenings that the ethos of the school is along the lines that they would rather a child left keen to learn and loving school but not having achieved so highly on stat tests than scoring impressively well but not actually having enjoyed school. the stat results etc are really important to them but they are very keen to encourage sports, music, art etc as well. however, it has the usual large class sizes and is a very mixed school both with regards to abilities and ethnic/social/economic backgrounds(which we really like but is not to everyone's taste). out of the schools we saw our gut feeling was that goldstone was for us, go round them and see how you feel after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now