Introduce yourself :)

(52 Posts)
AmandaE13 Tue 25-Nov-14 14:13:00

Hi Everyone, waves

I am your new local Editor and I would love to get to know you all. As the title says, introduce yourself here and let me know i'm not alone here!!

Also feel free to add anything you want to the site, if there is a group you love and want others to know about, or you own a business and want to promote feel free to add it to the page.

Look forward to speaking to you all smile

BB01 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:43:02

Hi! Nice to see the local site up and running :-)

AmandaE13 Thu 18-Dec-14 15:36:24

Hi BB01, i'm certainly trying. I would love your feed back on what you would like to see more on the site, things to do, classes, meet ups?

BB01 Thu 18-Dec-14 16:05:10

Definitely a round-up of groups and classes by day would be fantastic. I'd be interested in meet-ups though there doesn't seem to be much interest so far so would depend on whether enough people are up for it. Best baby/kid friendly cafes etc.

AmandaE13 Sun 28-Dec-14 15:35:57

I'm going to try and get a few meet ups organised in the new year, what area are you from? I am hoping to get a few more areas added to the locations too. I'm working on getting more classes and groups advertised, have you been to any locally?

BB01 Mon 05-Jan-15 14:54:19

Hi, yes I go to Rhythm Time, Tiny Signers, Diddi Dance, local council swimming, stay and plays, playgroup, soft play - a lot!! I'm between Keighley and Bingley, whereabouts are you?

Felix90 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:00:39

Hi, I've just moved to the area so wanted to introduce myself too! It's very quiet on these boards smile

BB01 Mon 05-Jan-15 18:42:25

Hi Felix! Whereabouts are you, if you don't mind saying?! Have you moved from far away?

surpriseitsme Sun 01-Feb-15 16:15:54

Hey Ev1 sorry I'm late to the party, I stopped checking these boards as the got so quiet!

Felix90 Sun 01-Feb-15 16:21:22

Sorry I forgot I posted here grin I am in Baildon. Moved from Leeds so not too far but I'm originally from North Nottinghamshire. I have a 13 month old dd smile

surpriseitsme Mon 02-Feb-15 00:02:58

I'm another baildonite Felix90...smile

AmandaE13 Mon 02-Feb-15 09:32:26

BB you've done alot! What did you find the best if you don't mind me asking? We've just started baby signing which my LB is enjoying but always looking out for suggestions. I don't think you can be too far from me, as I'm between Keighley and Bingley too, Crossflatts to be precise, we moved here from Gilstead so not very far at all.

Hi Surprise, the boards are picking up a little bit, they are still slow at time though. How old are your little one(s)?

Baildon is a lovely area, I love Pickles on the main street, always end up eating too much when I go there though!

Felix90 Mon 02-Feb-15 14:51:26

I've not been to pickles yet. It's on my to do list grin

Surprise I wonder if we are neighbours shock Probably not as none of my neighbours seem to have kids!

Felix90 Mon 02-Feb-15 14:52:52

Also does anyone know any good walks I can go on which are pram friendly? I have a car so can drive to places as long as there's easy parking as I've not long passed my test and I'm a rubbish parker! I've been to St Ives estate in bingley but that's it so far.

funchum8am Mon 02-Feb-15 19:16:27

I'm so glad I saw this thread - I'm moving to Bingley/Keighley area a week on Friday (Friday 13th...!) from London. I'm from Bingley but haven't lived there since a 6 month period about 9 years ago when I moved home for a while between jobs. Coming back to bring up DD (2.3yo) and DS (4 wo) near family. I'm keen to hear of good groups to go to, walks to go on, and if anyone wants to meet up I'm in!

Felix90 Walks I go on with the buggy when visiting include along the Leeds/Liverpool canal - I get on on Morton Lane (runs from Tesco in Crossflatts up towards East Morton and you can park outside) and walk along to the 5 rise locks, then on into Bingley or rejoin the A650 near The Royal pub if I'm staying in Crossflatts (my DF and DSM live there). You could obviously just go back to your car instead.

I'd be happy to organise a meet up if someone can nominate a decent place to hold it as I'm hopelessly out of touch!

surpriseitsme Mon 02-Feb-15 23:40:18

Yay an active board at last! My little ones are not so little I have 2 teenage girls and a 7yo dd. I'm in the rough bit of baildon not the posh end Felix! If you haven't walked to milner field yet I totally recommend that!

surpriseitsme Mon 02-Feb-15 23:42:33

Funnily enough I met one of my best friends online through mn. We ended up as secret Santa pairs when she sent me her address she lived next door to my sister 5 minutes away although we had never met!

Felix90 Tue 03-Feb-15 08:51:20

Ooh welcome back for Friday 13th funchum grin Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

Surprise how bizarre that she lived so close! Isn't that a weird coincidence. I am up in the posh part but I'm far from posh.

surpriseitsme Tue 03-Feb-15 09:12:57

Hahaha my sister is too up by the church school! I'm say in Costa enjoying a cappuccino

surpriseitsme Tue 03-Feb-15 09:14:21

Whereabouts Nottingham are you from Felix?

Felix90 Tue 03-Feb-15 09:24:05

I am near the Methodist church where Wesleys cafe is smile I am from Worksop so just on the border of notts and South yorkshire.

Felix90 Tue 03-Feb-15 09:33:41

If you see someone walking around with a pram with big white stars on or a navy Silver Cross coach built pram then give us a wave grin

surpriseitsme Tue 03-Feb-15 18:14:35

Haha you realise I will wave at random ladies with prams now!

funchum8am Thu 05-Feb-15 11:42:07

If I organise a meet up will at least one of you promise to show up (will take advice on date, time and location?!). Or are we all happy with our anonymity on here? grin

AmandaE13 Thu 05-Feb-15 12:48:08

Good luck with the move funchum, have you managed to get any of the packing done as yet? I'm in Crossflatts so you may be quiet close?

I would be interested in a meet up (again if I am not the only one who turns up!) I'm on maternity leave until April so my days are pretty free at the moment, we do baby yoga on a thurs pm and baby signing on a tues pm but that could all change after half term.

We love it up at St Ives, have you found the little cafe? They do amazing hot chocolates further afield is Golden Acre park which is pram friendly. We also go up to the Chevin but we have to put the LO in a carrier as a lot of the areas are not pathed. The canal is great for walking too, there is a lovely little cafe near the 5 rise locks to stop off at. When we use to live up in Eldwick there is some nice walks behind the post office which loops back around (lots of sheep and baby lamps to see in spring).

I never knew there were bad and good places in Baildon, always seemed such a lovely place. Although did you all know they are charging now at the Car Park at the Co-op?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now