Advise on moving to Ramsbottom - primary schools and aras

(3 Posts)
Abbott10 Mon 15-May-17 20:48:34

We are currently relocating from London to Bury and think we have narrowed the search to Ramsbottom. Any advise on areas and the best primary schools? I've looked at Ofsted reports but would be good to hear any first hand experiences/thoughts.
Thanks
Cheryl

Lozmatoz Sat 02-Sep-17 18:39:35

Ramsbottom is a brilliant place to live! I'm not originally from here, and neither are most friends I've made, but we all love it. Its a great community, has an amazing park, the steam railway, river, loads of great restaurants and cafes. There is also always something going on. The music festival, head for the hills, is on in a couple of weeks, there's the chocolate festival and the worlds championship of black pudding throwing....

The countryside is wonderful too and easily commutable to Manchester.

Bury in general is a good area for schools. We go to Emmanuel Holcombe primary school, it's very small, only 4 classes in total and so far has been wonderful. There seems to be a large number of primary schools in Rammy and they all seem to be very different so they should definitely want to suit your family. I have friends with kids at stubbins which again seems very good.
Personally when I looked around St. Andrews I want keen, just because of the large intake and they seem to be building on the playground to accommodate. However, just my personal feelings and I know a big busy school suits others.

Hazelhurst, I didn't like at all when I looked around, mainly because it was strangely quiet, however it is EXTREMELY popular. They are big in music. I think you have to be within 0.2 miles to get in. May be because it's not a church school.

It really depends on which area of Rammy you end up in. We moved to greenmount (technically not Rammy) recently and I hear good things about greenmount primary.

Sorry, run away with myself a bit! I promise I don't work for local tourist board. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lozmatoz Sat 02-Sep-17 18:40:43

Only just seen that you posted some time ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now