Big beds

(4 Posts)
tiredmum38 Thu 18-Jun-15 13:21:56

Anyone got any views of when to make the jump to the big bed. My little one is 2.5 and we've got her used to a cover and read all the books to get her excited about it but there doesn't seem to be the same clear lead from her as to when she's ready like there was with potty training?? I'd like it to happen as she's been dry at night for a month and think being able to go to the loo herself at night and early morning would empower her and (as a useful aside) stop her using calling for a wee wee as a stalling/attention tactic ... views please?!

piedpiper9 Fri 19-Jun-15 21:08:36

Hi. I think maybe just take the plunge? I think our daughter would've happily stayed in her cot for longer but as soon as we bought her a "big girl bed" and she saw it in her room she was super excited. I guess a good tip would be not to let her see what you're doing, present her with her new bed in her room as a huge surprise and she'll be really excited about it. We thought that it would be harder to put her down as she could easily get out but she never did - do be prepared for a few bumps in the night though with falls out of bed! Good luck xxx

tiredmum38 Sun 21-Jun-15 19:55:22

Thanks ... I think we might have to. We did get and set up the new bed but it was combined with a change of room at the time so I think we blew that and overwhelmed her!! Maybe it's time to try again now she's settled smile

tiredmum38 Thu 09-Jul-15 18:54:28

Update! Success! Wasted our dread! Got her excited and repeatedly suggested having a big bed, read the books etc and in the end no getting up or anything! There's hope for us all!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now