New friendships

(14 Posts)
Juliekids2 Fri 06-Jan-17 13:42:33

Hi
Im 42 years old and just come out of a long marriage-i have 2 d aged 10&13 and would love to meet similar mums for friendship and meet ups.
I would also love to join any groups to get myself back involved with things.
I live in bispham- and I love dancing,singing,walking and clubbercise!!
Hoping to meet like minded people to keep company.
Thanxs julie 😄

Wellse73 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:31:41

Hi julie, my name is Emma I'm 43. I too have just come out of a long relationship. I have 2 kids but younger than yours at 4 and 3 but still would love to chat anytime.
I am too trying to find myself again, it's quite strange being single!
Anyway thought I'd say hello
Emma 😁

Juliekids2 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:54:16

Hi Emma
Thanxs for the message back to me-its not easy is it? Glad im not the only 1 going through a tough seperation-it would be good to chat to a friend who is going through the same situation.
Have you got a boy&grl or just grls or boys?
It would be lovely to meet up with you-do you work?
Let me know smile

Wellse73 Wed 11-Jan-17 22:01:33

Hi Julie, i have a boy of 4 and a girl of 3. It's very hard. I feel like a fish out of water which is very strange as I'm quite a confident person. I do work but its a little office with mainly older men so not much opportunity to make friends with the same interests as me.
Are you on Facebook Julie?

Juliekids2 Wed 11-Jan-17 22:34:00

Hi Emma
Yes I am on fbook-my name on it is julie wellings and my profile pic is a b/w pic of me and my 2 girls-it would be lovely to chat.
Do you get chance to have some time alone? Do the children go to dads? My 2 do and im always free a tue/thurs and alternate fri/sat night depending if either of us have something on.
My husband&myself are ammicable-how about you?
Its lovely to chat with you x

Wellse73 Wed 11-Jan-17 22:50:43

Hi Julie. I've sent you a friend request!

Sp1c13 Sat 11-Feb-17 03:54:00

Hello - my family are about to arrive in Blackpool to live (from NZ). I am a science teacher with two daughters (Latino) and a husband of 15 years (Muslim). We are very nervous about being accepted in the local community. I am Lancashire born and bred although I have lived in NZ for the last 20 years. Coming home to give my girls a taste of Lancashire life in Blackpool where my ancestry is. All my family are long gone. Do you think we'll have any problems especially since my kids are dark olive skinned and my husband has a religion everyone seems to hate (I am Christian and my girls have no denomination until they can choose or not). Thanks, Nervously Spice.

GarstangBlue Sat 11-Feb-17 10:43:12

Whereabouts in Blackpool, Spice? We used to live in Bispham and I worked in a North Shore school. I found both those areas to be very inclusive, although I'm not from a minority group, so I could well have missed subtle racism.
I hope the move proves to be a successful one and your family enjoy the delights of Lancashire, of which there are many!!

Sp1c13 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:02:47

South Shore although there appear to be vacancies Blackpool wide so maybe elsewhere in Blackpool once we arrive and look around. Yes - we are excited about the move to Lancashire., I can't wait to show my kids where I grew up. Thsnks so much for the reply

jimijack Sun 12-Feb-17 11:39:18

Hi there, my advice would be to look at areas surrounding Blackpool, unfortunately there are areas in Blackpool with severe deprivation, south shore is one area with social problems.
Yes there are areas of deprivation wherever you go, however Blackpool now tops one of the most problematic areas in the country.
I would advise that you search fully, thoroughly research where you plan to live, you may find that you will be very disappointed at how run down Blackpool has become.
Surrounding areas such as Cleveleys, Thornton, over Wyre all nice, good schools less crime.
Good luck, sorry to throw in a negative spin, but you do need balanced advice.

GarstangBlue Sun 12-Feb-17 12:20:40

Garstang is nice grin.

GarstangBlue Sun 12-Feb-17 12:21:03

And we have great cheese!

jimijack Sun 12-Feb-17 16:08:41

Now Garstang is absolutely gorgeous, there is a particularly lovely chippy there and I frequently visit the Booths...for a free coffee, can't afford the food sadly.
The river is lovely in summer, we spend many a happy hour with butties and a picnic blanket by that river. smile

Sp1c13 Sun 12-Feb-17 18:14:45

Thanks so much for the advice. I remember Thornton from the old Holiday Camps. Funny - forgotten about them. Yes, I'll look at the surrounding areas. Thank you for the advice again.. Certainly good to get an overall view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now