Looking for mildly bored, computer-literate mum!

(9 Posts)
Violetlilyposyrose Sun 23-Apr-17 16:29:59

Hello.
I hope I can post this here. I'm definitely not a business, but I have an idea for a website that I would love to start up as a hobby. When I worked full time (some 12 years ago) I had a job in this area, so I have great ideas about content. However, I'm not great on the technical side.
I'm looking for someone like myself (but computery, not arty-farty) with a bit of time on their hands, and a need to do something challenging and mildly intellectual.
My daughter is 12 and started senior school this year and life has changed drastically for me. I'm a single mum and want something that inspires me, and I want someone to share this with.
If you feel like there's a bit of a gap in your life, maybe you could get in touch. I live in Sutton Coldfield (Boldmere way).
PLEASE let me put this here, as I really don't know where else to go to find someone. But there must be computer minded mums out there who are in the same position as me - looking for something to get their teeth into (and whose kids have a more exciting social life than they do!)
Thanks so much
Angela

KingsHeathen Sun 23-Apr-17 19:13:31

But what are you expecting them to do? Tbh, you just sound like a viral marketer...

tiredanddangerous Sun 23-Apr-17 19:17:31

You haven't actually said what you want this person to do confused

Violetlilyposyrose Sun 23-Apr-17 21:16:41

I know I haven't gone into detail - because I have an idea and I don't want to talk about it too much. But I've mentioned the skills that would be needed. And it's meant to attract someone with time on their hands, and whose technologically savvy.
I'm definitely not a virtual marketer. I'm someone with an idea and with an arts background, who needs someone with equivalent experience in websites/blogs. Just not sure where to find them.

CaulkheadNorth Sun 23-Apr-17 22:23:09

I have that sort of experience (and local) but tend to get jobs through a website called People Per Hour. It adds protection to both parties. Maybe use that?

KingsHeathen Mon 24-Apr-17 00:37:59

Well, it sounds as though you want someone to develop a website for you for free.
But as developers can earn £££ working from home, flexibly, I'm guessing you won't find one that's a) unemployed and b) willing to work for free.

picklemepopcorn Mon 24-Apr-17 06:58:07

Presumably OP wants someone who will go into business with her. Share the work, share the profits.

You can build a website very easily and inexpensively yourself, using 'weebly' or similar. Your arty side will be great for that. It's just like making a collage.

Good luck!

Violetlilyposyrose Mon 24-Apr-17 08:15:55

picklemepopcorn: exactly.
I have an idea that I want to share. Of course I'm not looking for someone to design a website for free!
Caulkheadnorth: thanks for pointer, but I'm not looking to employ someone, I'm looking for someone to work with.

BillyBollyBrum Fri 28-Apr-17 19:58:56

Have a look at Putor Tutor on FB, she's local

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now