Relocating to the Midlands

(8 Posts)
kb1980 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:14:13

Hi

My husband has a job in Birmingham so we are considering moving there from SE London.

I am originally from the Bournville area but have three children now and think I would rather live in one of the surrounding villages. I say village but I would like it to have good schools, shops, park etc. I am used to walking everywhere and don't like driving much!

I am also worried about schools as I have three children to find places for in a local school and I've been calling round lots but all are over subscribed!

Please send any recommendations my way as unsure where to start looking.

Thanks
Kate

WhereMyMilk Sun 05-Mar-17 22:43:46

Have you thought of going out of Birmingham to maybe Hagley or surrounding areas? Great schools (though may have a wait list) and countryside on doorstep but still very commutable into brum

JamesDelayneysTattoos Sun 05-Mar-17 22:46:11

I live in Lichfield. It's nice.

Only1scoop Sun 05-Mar-17 22:47:47

Lichfield and surrounding villages.
Great train links and easily commutable

GingerMcGrey Sun 05-Mar-17 22:48:46

Pedmore near Hagley/Stourbridge is very nice and more chance of getting a school place. 30 mins by train to Birmingham.

kb1980 Mon 06-Mar-17 10:59:38

Hi thanks for your replies, yes I think I would prefer to live out of Birmingham but don't really know where to start looking! I have thought about Lichfield. Is it a nice place to live?

Wyndlry Mon 06-Mar-17 11:18:23

We're in Sutton Coldfield and I love living here. Good schools and parks and generally a lovely area.

Only1scoop Mon 06-Mar-17 11:24:06

Lichfield is lovely
Excellent rail links
Surrounding villages include Longdon/ Green and Upper.
Abbots Bromley
Yoxall
Whittington amongst others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now