Things to do with DSD in Sutton Coldfield

(6 Posts)
MillGod123 Thu 09-Feb-17 12:13:18

We have my DSD every other weekend who is 8-9 years old. I would love to find an activity for her to do or a group to join where she could play with other children her own age and potentially make friends. Any idea's would be welcome. We do lots together as a family but I think she miss's out and would like to see her play with kids her own age.

MNBirminghamLocalEd Fri 10-Feb-17 10:12:42

Hi MillGod123

Here's a few ideas:

If she's sporty, park run might appeal, but your nearest is down in Cannon Hill Park on Sunday mornings at 9am. www.parkrun.org.uk/cannon-hill-juniors/

Judo and trampolining weekend classes at Wyndley Leisure Centre: www.birminghamleisure.com/wyndley_lc/Childrens-Activities

Kombat Kids has Saturday classes at All Saints Church: www.kombatkids.com/about-us.php

Canoeing: www.suttoncanoe.org.uk/about/blackroot/

Razzmatazz Dance/Drama/Singing classes at Sutton Coldfield Grammar School: suttoncoldfield.razzamataz.co.uk/locations-times/

Hope that helps for now. I'm sure someone local to Sutton with some personal recommendations will come along soon!

cd82 Fri 10-Feb-17 10:29:27

My daughter [7] goes to PQA (Pauline Quirke Academy of Performing Arts) in Edgbaston every Saturday morning and she loves it. There's one in Sutton too: www.pqacademy.com/academy_locator/sutton-coldfield/

BillyBollyBrum Fri 10-Feb-17 15:12:08

I was going to suggest Razzmatazz and there's Stagecoach as well. Lots of sports and dancing clubs, what sort of thing is she in to?

MillGod123 Fri 10-Feb-17 16:04:44

Thanks for all your suggestions

She loves to sing and is into arts and crafts.

I think she'd love the trampolining... we're going swimming at wyndley tomorrow so I shall ask about it then.

BillyBollyBrum Fri 10-Feb-17 18:58:22

I have 2 DD's the same age roughly, and if you are looking for any holiday clubs YMCA is very good - they do lots of art, cooking, craft. It's just off Pilkington Ave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now