Present ideas for new Mum

(4 Posts)
danny99 Fri 27-Nov-15 01:44:22

Hi, I shouldn't be on here really as I'm a Dad! But my daughter who is overseas is expecting her first child in December just before Christmas, and I am desperate for an idea of something appropriate and special for Dad to buy a new Mum for Christmas, as she'll probably have all the baby necessities from local friends. It could be something for the baby or it could be just for her, and it shouldn't be too heavy for airmail (although I could order online from her home country if necessary). I would like it to be something related to having had the baby or her new role as a Mum. It could be pampering but a practical gift is probably preferred.

Budget up to £30 but could go higher for something special and practical.

Any ideas very gratefully received.

MNBirminghamLocalEd Fri 27-Nov-15 14:13:13

Hi danny99, and congratulations!

There are hundreds of gifts you can give, and it really depends on your taste, but here are my suggestions:

I had a December baby and my parents gave us this: www.baababy.co.uk/bedtime/bowron-babycare-shorn-fleece.html

which was totally gorgeous. It's snug and warming the cold weather but because it's natural fleece doesn't let the baby overheat. My now-four year old still sleeps on it.

Alternatively, I'd suggest a piece of jewellery for your daughter - she'll feel loved and appreciated every time she wears it.

Hope this helps smile

danny99 Sat 28-Nov-15 00:34:19

Thanks for those thoughtful suggestions!

MNBirminghamLocalEd Sun 29-Nov-15 22:37:08

No worries - hope the birth goes well and you all have a lovely Christmas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now